Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2012 2:11:04 PM EDT
Hi All,

Looking at scoping my Mak-90 but am having a hard time coming up with a scope choice. I'm look for something in the 1-4 or 2-7 range but need to it have the 1" or 30mm objective so that I can mount it as low as possible over the front sight. Looking for anything $200 or less. I came up with a Swift and a Leupold that fit that bill - am I missing any? I'm running a b-square mount for what it's worth. . .

Thanks and God bless,

Adam
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Alot of good suggestions in this thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_56/142930_Anyone_running_a_1_4_on_a_7_62x39_AK_.html&page=1

I have used and like:
Bushnell Elite 1.25-4X
Nikon Monarch Gold African 1-4X
Weaver Classic 1-3X

They're over the $200 though except for the Weaver..   MOST scopes $200 or less are too big to use on an AK (Bushnell Trophy, Optisan, Millet DMS,etc.) because the mounting space is too far forward.    

Personally, I would save just a little more and get a Nikon Monarch African 1-4X for around $280 or so.  SUPERB scope, very tough, SUPER clear glass.  Head and shoulders above everything else Nikon (I've used Prostaff, Buckmaster, P-series glass,etc. and been somewhat unsatisfied. the Monarch however is AMAZING).
Link Posted: 8/16/2012 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
leatherwood cmr hi lux here hi lux cmr and also here is a review on it warroir talk

Link Posted: 8/16/2012 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the Bushnell Banner 1-4x on my Norinco NHM-90 for a time.

Had a non-illuminated circle-x reticle. It wasn't a true 1x, maybe more like 1.5x, but I could still use it like a red dot with both eyes open.

Worked awesome, but I found that having a 1-4x on a Norinco AK was too heavy for my taste. I think I paid $90 for it plus shipping. I ended up switching back to a red dot. YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't absolutely need a variable-check out eh genuine Commie optics, some are shockingly good for the price.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top