Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2012 5:22:30 PM EDT
AFter looking online there are many, all with mixed reviews.  Basically we (my friend) are looking for a scope/sight mount for the upper reciever that will allow use of the iron sights as well.  The requirements are cost efficient and sturdy (able to hold zero).  any hints?
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Midwest Industries 30mm scope mount that works perfectly with my Vortex StrikeFire, absolutely no complaints, holds zero like a champ and allows cowitness
Midwest Industries

RS is also a good mount, however I do not have any experience with them
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The Ultimak / PA MD-07 Microdot combo works pretty good, if you don't mind the optic being that far forward. The combo usually runs around $170 or so.
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
what if you used something like this, and mounted on a upper front handguard with a rail.... could you co-witness through the lens?

link to red dot
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]
No, sights are set too low for that item, and you're going to probably want a red dot that's sturdier on an AK––––––––––> IMHO
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, sights are set too low for that item, and you're going to probably want a red dot that's sturdier on an AK––––––––––> IMHO

so brand and type would be sturdy without spending the price of the AK?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 2:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If you're on a budget and looking for something for general range use, the PA red dots are tough to beat.  Which one to get depends on the mount you decide to go with.  I have the M3 clone myself.

They sell a variety of mounts as well and offer discounted mount/sight combos if you bundle them together.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Red_Dot_Sights_s/418.htm

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're on a budget and looking for something for general range use, the PA red dots are tough to beat.  Which one to get depends on the mount you decide to go with.  I have the M3 clone myself.

They sell a variety of mounts as well and offer discounted mount/sight combos if you bundle them together.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Red_Dot_Sights_s/418.htm

x2, Primary Arms are the only cheap dots worth a crap. The MI rail system with the optic-specific top cover is your best bet for co-witness.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I use vortex optics also, I really like them
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks everyone.  and here is sort of a side bar question, is there a major difference between the scope looking red dots and the open red dots that just have the little screen? (besides the look?)
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top