Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/27/2011 11:37:02 AM EDT
After reading some of the reviews on MDArms Molot grip, I ordered two, one for my Yugo M70 and a second as a gift for a friend with a Wasr-10.
With a bit of fitting––relieving the grip to allow it to fit over the rear trigger guard rivet––mine went on my Yugo just fine but my friend is having a bit of trouble with his. I haven't laid eyes on what the problem is but according to his last e-mail:

"Seems that my lower has a big "lump" that does not allow the grip to go on.   Drat!!!, because the grip is big enough to fit my hand, which the original does not. I looked both parts over and there is no way it can be made to fit.  When I removed the grip, I found a small spring the sets in the left side of the grip and pushes up into the main frame.  The question is what is this spring? and what does it do?  There is no hole in the new grip for that spring either."

My long distance diagnosis is that the lump he is refering to is either the tapped stub into which the grip bolt threads into or the rear trigger guard rivet. Does this seem reasonable? In which case all we need to do is relieve the inside supports in the new grip until it slides into place. But, I have no idea what the spring is that he mentions. Can some one please educate me on what it is and its's function.

thanks,

poco
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No AK has a spring on the left side of the grip that does anything.  An AR hasone on the right side of the grip.  If his rifle is a WASR it will have the same trigger guard as any other AKM and will only have one rivet in the grip area.  Post some pictures or it or have him bring it to you would be my next move.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response. I'm new to the AK platform and wasn't sure about the spring. I'm hoping our schedules allow us to get together this weekend so that I can get my hands on the rifle. If need be I'll shoot a picture and post it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it was a case of apples and oranges!  My bud was trying to mount the new grip on his AR. Once we both realized the problem, the grip went right on his Wasr with even less fitting. He's tickled with it. I'm glad. All is well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be a small problem.  Glad it worked out for you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to know.  These MD Arms grips are the best kept secret in the industry.  
Amazing deal for what you get.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top