Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2010 12:01:54 PM EDT
I got the new Dillon Blue Press catalog yesterday and on the cover is this good looking gal holding a WASR AK and it has an optic on it.
I read the discription insde and see its a Scout Scopes mount that mounts to the top of the trunion, replaces your rear sight i believe.
Well i have a Primary Arms Gen 7 Micro Dot Optic already and i ordered this mount.If ya look at the gallery pics you see it has had a notched rear
sight built into it.Anybody useing one of these...I will update when i get the mount installed.I have a Kvar KV=04S coming too...
Scout Scopes
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one of these. No doubt they are built tough and once you have them on it makes a sturdy base for a red dot or a scope. The only thing is that it sits too damn high for my liking.

I have a underfolder and I could not get a cheek weld at all. So I had to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I had one of these. No doubt they are built tough and once you have them on it makes a sturdy base for a red dot or a scope. The only thing is that it sits too damn high for my liking.

I have a underfolder and I could not get a cheek weld at all. So I had to get rid of it.

OK whoops...well i will see how i like it...might end of the EE....

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]

It may be OK with your choice of MRD. But I can tell you right now that it will not co-witness. Good luck.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It may be OK with your choice of MRD. But I can tell you right now that it will not co-witness. Good luck.

Yeah i am not worried about co-witness.Its just my have fun AK and i would like a red dot.the irons are kill'n me i am spoiled.
My go to SHTF are my dressed out AR15's...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah i am not worried about co-witness.Its just my have fun AK and i would like a red dot.the irons are kill'n me i am spoiled.

My go to SHTF are my dressed out AR15's...

Cool. Yeah, if your just wanting a sturdy base to mount your MRD for a plinker then this will do the trick. But you may have to add something to your stock to get a good cheekweld.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want a micro mount that replaces the rear sight you can also get the Samson AK rear sight rail mount. Does not co wittness but does have a small notch that is somewhat useable as a back up sight.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:33:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you want a micro mount that replaces the rear sight you can also get the Samson AK rear sight rail mount. Does not co wittness but does have a small notch that is somewhat useable as a back up sight.

Yeah, Samson's RSR1 is a pretty good mount.  Rock solid on the rifle.  I'm using one on a Yugo underfolder with a MRD.

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top