Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2010 10:00:54 AM EDT
I'm replacing the Mark III 4x32 (and probably the SGM Beryl rail too) on my Saiga .223. The scope was awesome on my SU-16, but it sits too high and doesn't have adequate eye relief for the AK. Even with the riser on the T6, my head is "floating" while trying to obtain an adequate sight picture through it.

I always thought POSP scopes just came in 4x, 6x, and 8x, so I was considering a Kobra EKP 1S because I'd like something with a lower minimum power than 4x for quick, close-range stuff, but I saw a POSP on East Wave's website that is 2.5-5x. Does anyone here have a 2.5-5x24 POSP V? This seems like the ideal setup for me, and just looking for some feedback. Are they just as good (quality-wise) as the more well-known fixed power versions?

Thanks in advance!

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/743/dsc04715f.jpg

(and yes, I'm going to convert it)
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you order one and tell us how it works out?   I was eyeing the same one but decided to go with the standard POSP 4x.  From what I can tell, the variable power scope should be just as good.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have the 2.5-5x24 but I have had a lot of 4x24's and 8x42s among other things. I think that scope will be just fine and you'll get a lot of mileage out of it, I personally would be confident in buying it (and have thought about that exact scope many times). I have no doubt it's just as good as others in the series, the POSP's are well made and really good values for the money.

Frankly I just don't have enough rifles for all these cool scopes so I'm trying to stick with stuff that I actually use on a regular basis, but I'm a big fan of the 4x24 style scope and would still like to pick one of these up.

They've also go an interesting 1.5-4.5x24 that must be pretty recent. Could be worth a look too:

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/pso/pso-1-5-4-5x16-russian-military-sniper-scope-w-illuminated-german-post-reticle-sks-svd-version.html

Z
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't have the 2.5-5x24 but I have had a lot of 4x24's and 8x42s among other things. I think that scope will be just fine and you'll get a lot of mileage out of it, I personally would be confident in buying it (and have thought about that exact scope many times). I have no doubt it's just as good as others in the series, the POSP's are well made and really good values for the money.

Frankly I just don't have enough rifles for all these cool scopes so I'm trying to stick with stuff that I actually use on a regular basis, but I'm a big fan of the 4x24 style scope and would still like to pick one of these up.

They've also go an interesting 1.5-4.5x24 that must be pretty recent. Could be worth a look too:

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/pso/pso-1-5-4-5x16-russian-military-sniper-scope-w-illuminated-german-post-reticle-sks-svd-version.html

Z

Wow, thank you for that link sir! I had NO idea there were so many... Holy crap, I have some thinking to do. I like the 1.5-4.5 but there's also a 2-6 that looks cool too...

Perhaps a dumb question, but what's the difference between a PSO and a PSOP scope?

I think I'm going to try the Mark III again once the conversion is done to see if the change in stock angle makes it more usable, but I'm more than likely going to get a PSOP anyways, as I'm sure this isn't the last AK I'll ever own.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Perhaps a dumb question, but what's the difference between a PSO and a PSOP scope?

Origin more than anything.  Most PSOs are built by NPZ in Russia, POSPs are made by Zenit-BelOMO in Belarus.

Some people claim that PSOs are higher quality, but I own more than one of each and have yet to see any measurable difference in quality.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Origin more than anything.  Most PSOs are built by NPZ in Russia, POSPs are made by Zenit-BelOMO in Belarus.

Some people claim that PSOs are higher quality, but I own more than one of each and have yet to see any measurable difference in quality.

I see. Thanks so much for your help!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
not to hijack your thread, but im usually not a fan of "tacticool" ak's, but yours looks really good.  Well done!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
not to hijack your thread, but im usually not a fan of "tacticool" ak's, but yours looks really good.  Well done!

Thank you so much! I'm having a lot of fun with it. This is my first AK so I'm hoping it'll look even better when I'm finished with the conversion!
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top