Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/1/2009 11:37:26 AM EDT
i love the traditional aK look.i like the wood and did not want to replace it with a front handguard type rail for sights, but i wanted something low so i could get a decent cheek weld..what to do?...i tried EVERYTHING..finally had my gunsmith put on a side rail clamp and i modified the ol' BP-02 and went with the aimpoint micro..for me..it's perfect!!!..Now how to affix a sling to a weapon thats right handed friendly, with out drilling any holes in the beautiful wood as ive seen done?..take a trip to blue force gear..this works perfectly up front

this is for the buttstock( don't laugh at the red zip tie..its all i had for now to take up the extra webbing)

here it is high and tight to my body

with a little tug on the string...

perfect shooting posistion!!! and very comfortable to hike around in all day thanks to this padded vickers sling
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Superb job.
Excellent selection of options for a beautiful rifle.
A rifle isn't "finished" untill you have a proper useable sling setup on it.
But when you do, it always becomes your "favroite" of the bunch.
I have spent a lot of time over the years dealing with the fact that the "market" hasn't ever been very lefty friendly.
Previously I usually installed an "ambi" type of sling setup on AKs, where the sling would be mounted from the bottom of the stock, and a sling swivel mounted to the lower forward handguard. This always worked well because in "patrol carry" the mag kept the rifle from flopping  over.
You should add this rifle/post to the tacked "left handed" thread above. (I need to fix the photo links in it for my rifles).

I've had a couple of friends duplicate the low mount BP02 mods on their rifles.
T-1 on a gas tube rail may be the ultimate optic solution for an AK, but an Aimpoint on a low mount works extremely well, particularly if you don't like your sight picture cluttered up by irons.
I actually shoot my A1R better with the Aimpoint ML2 on the low BP02 mount than with the T-1 mouned anywhere.
But on the M-92 Krink, the T-1 is better with a forward or receiver mount.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice set up. I shoot lefty too but have simply been using the standard AK sling and putting up with it.

Could you describe which components you are using? I went to the Blue Force gear web site but had a tough time finding your rig...
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top