Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:12:22 PM EDT
I just did a carbine match with my AK with the above setup, and every screw in the 30mm Aimpoint ring came a bit loose by the end of the match.  The scope was loose on the Ultimak rail and could rotate on the ring.  Otherwise the setup is great.  Should I use loctite?  How reversible is it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't had this issue with mine, but if I did, I would use the easiest-to-remove locktite I could.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Use Blue loc-tite.  Dont use Red...Red is Forever,  Or, you can use clear nail polish if your wife will loan you some.  Its the poor mans loc-tite.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Use Blue loc-tite.  Dont use Red...Red is Forever,  Or, you can use clear nail polish if your wife will loan you some.  Its the poor mans loc-tite.

You need heat to remove red.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Some people will say that a properly torqued mounting screw requires no thread locker.  I use blue Loctite to be extra sure.  I have never had a mounting screw come loose with the use of blue Loctite and removal is still easy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
sounds good.  I retightened everything a bit better, if it loosens again I will use the blue loctite...thanks
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top