Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:31:29 PM EDT
Anyone have any info on this rear sight mount? (Only picture I could find of it) The owner says he had it installed by Magnum Gunsmithing and that its discontinued. I'd like to know where I could find one. Thanks in advance
http://riflestocks.com/images06/customer/AKAP-1.jpg
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that does look nice.  Especially if there is an integral buis in that mount !
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 1:56:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like the mount ACELTD used to make, their website is riflestocks.com. I remember years ago when I first saw one and was dissapointed because they quit making them. I have heard rumors that Larue may be working on something like it though if it makes you feel better
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the problem with these type sights and the reason they are no longer made is that they may not hold a zero. I think for these to work well you need to find a way to lock down two points of the mount and prevent lateral shifting.  The versions I have seen only secure the mount in the hinge area. They look like they can move up and down and side to side slightly. Add the weight of a aimpoint and the problem gets worse. Larue uses a very strong magnet to hold the Iron dot down and it works ok but still allows some shifting of the sight.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok thanks for the input guys. I figured the likelyhood of finding one of these discontinued sights for sale was pretty low, so I just ordered an irondot.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top