Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:26:03 AM EDT
Saw this in the AK47 mag put out by Guns and Ammo, and tracked it down. The manuf. websight says available S[pring 09, but they used one in the magazine. I really like the looks of it and think it would be a big iron sight improvement for the AK. Can't wait till they get them out.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it mounted to the dust cover?  If so, I don't really find that appealing because I know my dust cover is loose enough that it moves a bit when the gun is fired, not to mention it never sits in the same place twice between cleanings.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Good info on the details of this sight on THR.  Read the posts by law27 starting at post #71 on pages 3 & 4 of this thread here.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#3]
So it looks like it uses the old AR rear sight... Does anyone know if that can be modified to an A2 rear sight for easier adjustment without requiring a tool?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So it looks like it uses the old AR rear sight... Does anyone know if that can be modified to an A2 rear sight for easier adjustment without requiring a tool?

The only tool you need is a bullet tip
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
These are aupposed to be out the end of April (Just got off of the phone with Larry from Tech-Sights).

The sight can take any A1 aprature AFAIK.  If you can mod an A1 carry handle to take an A2 aprature, then you should be able to do it with this sight... maybe...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it mounted to the dust cover?  If so, I don't really find that appealing because I know my dust cover is loose enough that it moves a bit when the gun is fired, not to mention it never sits in the same place twice between cleanings.

You clean your AK??
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL, I laughed pretty hard at that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but I like the A2 adjustment because it can be done by hand. I usually don't have loose bullets.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You clean your AK??

A clean firearm is a happy firearm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You clean your AK??

A clean firearm is a happy firearm.

This sight will make my '74 happy.

A graft onto my PSL would make it ecstatic.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but I like the A2 adjustment because it can be done by hand. I usually don't have loose bullets.

You can buy a knob from Bushmaster to replace the original A1 knob so that you can turn it without a tool.

I also assume this sight will need to come with a modified dust cover since it has two buttons on the sight that need to be pushed to remove it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#13]
This is a good idea.  The only way to make this a better idea is to make a version with a short section of rail instead of a fixed peep sight.  If one were able to mount their choice of rear optics it would sell to many more people.  (I personally would love an HK barrel).
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top