Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/23/2008 10:28:40 PM EDT
First, I got the SVD version of this, which had the SVD rail mount on it, but I swapped it out for a AK version rail mount. Is there any difference between the SVD and the SK version besides the rail mount? Mine is also the 4X24T model, and I have mostly seen the V models I believe. I just want to make sure I have the right thing.

Second, the scope does not sit center bore. Is this normal?

Third, I THINK I got all of the parts for the AK rail adapter, does this look right?

Last, I just thought I would put a nice picture of the rifle up :)

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 3:35:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Second, the scope does not sit center bore. Is this normal?

That is totally normal. I've got an POSP 4x24V on my Bulgie Arsenal M9F and right from the start no side windage corrections on the scope we're necessary

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
where did you get the AK mount to swap out the SVD...?
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
where did you get the AK mount to swap out the SVD...?

Kalinka has some for $15 each.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
You can use the SVD clamp on a Romy optics rail due to how it is relief cut (unless the 10B uses a different rail). I've used a4x PSO (a Chinese one) on a MKII. This way the scope sits a bit lower.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can use the SVD clamp on a Romy optics rail due to how it is relief cut (unless the 10B uses a different rail). I've used a4x PSO (a Chinese one) on a MKII. This way the scope sits a bit lower.

I will have to try that on my WASR 10 :) If it works, I can swap them back out, since the SVD mount seems to be more sturdy IMO.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The SVD mount will place the scope further towards the back of the rifle, so that may not be a good choice on an AK.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the reply guys. Hopefully some of this snow will go away soon and I can get it sighted in.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top