Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/15/2008 9:08:40 AM EDT
I have built an ak and am now ready o customize. is ther any way to put ar style flip up sights on an ak. I was things about using a receiver cover with a rail and a utg quad rail but i  am unsure if the rails will be on the same plane.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have built an ak and am now ready o customize. is ther any way to put ar style flip up sights on an ak. I was things about using a receiver cover with a rail and a utg quad rail but i  am unsure if the rails will be on the same plane.

But seriously, why the hell would you want to do that? AK sights work perfectly fine.

BTW, Dust cover mounts are crap.

BSW
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
i am not a fan of the ak rear sight. what about the ak peep sight conversions? my goal is to trick my ak out, mainly because i am not in a financial situation to build an ar........and i prefer the 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
For peep sights to work well they need to be close to your eye, the standard AK's design prevents this. The tangent sights on the AK actually work fine for engaging man sized targets out to 300 yards.

I've been running a stock AK at our local rifle matches. I'm not in the top 3 but I'm not last by any means either.

Personally, instead of bolting crap of dubious utility on my AK, I bought ammo and mags instead. BSW
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For peep sights to work well they need to be close to your eye, the standard AK's design prevents this. The tangent sights on the AK actually work fine for engaging man sized targets out to 300 yards.

I've been running a stock AK at our local rifle matches. I'm not in the top 3 but I'm not last by any means either.

Personally, instead of bolting crap of dubious utility on my AK, I bought ammo and mags instead. BSW

+++1- you can never go wrong with more mags and ammo- AK sights are just fine. If you really want some ass kicking sights - get yourself an Aimpiont or Eotech for some serious CQC work....

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top