Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:07:53 PM EDT
Ohio Rapid Fire does not list them on their site anymore. I will call them to be sure, but any other sources for  cheap black 74 mags, new or used?
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, they were about it for the past year and a half.  Everything else I see starts at about 13 bucks per mag and goes up from there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Everything else I see starts at about 13 bucks per mag and goes up from there.

You need to look harder.

www.ohiorapidfire.com
Brand new pre ban Bulgarian brown magazines. These vary on arsenal codes, but are all brand new!
Our Price:
$ 8.99

www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm

Russian AK-74 5.45x39 30rnd. Plum Magazine
Used Good Condition.
Some have the Arrow and Feather Mark, some have the marks rubbed off
Price: $10.99

AK74 5.45x39 Brown Bulgarian 30rnd. Magazine
Used in Excellent Condition
Price: $8.99ea

www.gunthings.com
Bulgarian AK74 30 round mags, synthetic, 5.45 x 39mm,  black, new    
$9.00 each

And don't forget to check in our very own EE!

Link Posted: 6/13/2007 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
"You need to look harder. "

Geeez, I guess so!  Kinda lost interest in searching for '74 mags though after I put away about 90 of 'em.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nope, they were about it for the past year and a half.  Everything else I see starts at about 13 bucks per mag and goes up from there.

whatever you do don't change your name to "mraccurateinfo"

BTW, the ORF mags are brand new.  Also, they will let you select markings.  I got some "Circle 10" mags.  Are they any better than Circle 21?  Probably not, but superstition abounds around here.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 5:10:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got some "Circle 10" mags.  Are they any better than Circle 21?

Nope. In fact, they're about half as good!

Just having a little fun at your expense; construction, quality and function of the two types is identical.

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I really compromised national security with that one mouseboy.  Since you musta had a rough night, I'll wish you a nice day this morning!
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, I really compromised national security with that one mouseboy.  Since you musta had a rough night, I'll wish you a nice day this morning!

Hey, I was just joking around, you saw the wise ass smiley face, no? LOL

Quoted:
Quoted:
I got some "Circle 10" mags.  Are they any better than Circle 21?

Nope. In fact, they're about half as good!

Just having a little fun at your expense; construction, quality and function of the two types is identical.

Yes, superstition

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry Mouseboy, thought that was the angry gnarly face!  My mishap.  

I tend to lose interest in stuff after I've stocked up & stop looking.  Fortunately, there are more astute menbers on this board than I!

I loaded up on the red E. German bakelites when Northridge was selling a sealed four pack in the pouch with strippers, guides & blank adapter (yeah, that'll come in handy) for $20.  Also hammered ORF for a bunch of the Russian/Bulgarian magazines at the 12/$30 rate when they first came out.

I've been into the 5.45mm for a long time, back when most others were doing the 7.62x39mm thing.  Got a MKII, SAR-2 & Vector's RPK-74 SA.  I now regret selling off a CURII.

After getting beaten up by 7.62x54s, 30-06s and .303s for a long time I just gravitated to the extremely light-recoiling 5.45mm.  In the eyes of some it may not be a real man's gun, but they sure are fun to shoot.  Wonder how it'd do on zombies ..........

The cheap ammo coming along when it did is a boon, since one can shoot these rifles all day long like a .22.  Sadly, the only readily available N/C is Wolf MC, which I find to be the least accurate ammunition of all the types out there at the moment.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Anybody know if ORF will be getting any more in to run another special?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top