Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:21:18 PM EDT
What are E German 30 and 40 round AK mags in 7.62 going for these days?  How do they stack up against the Bulgy polymer mags?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You'd have to ask someone like Stottman about this because he would know he lives in Germany.  did they ever produce a bakelite 7.62 in Germany?  I guess it would make since but I don't know.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the 40 round magazine for a shield with a star in it- check on the back of the magazine along the rib. If it has this, it is NOT EAST GERMAN, it is Molot (Russian). Thousands of 40 round Molot mags were sold as "East German" so check well.

30 round magazines go for about $14 and the 40 rounders will vary depending on if they are indeed East German or Russian.

East Germany never mass-produced 7.62x39mm Bakelite mags.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The E German mags are steel, I know it is still apples to oranges, steel vs. poly, but which one is prefered.  Bulgy poly or E German steel?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Bulgerian "Circle 10" magazines are fairly desireable- light, strong. They tend to sell for more than E. German steel mags.

ETA: the "orange" magazines are not plastic, they are bakelite.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top