Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:46:58 AM EDT
I'm selling the stuff in the picture in the EE right now and someone asked me how many were chicom flatbacks?  I'll admit my ignorance when it comes to AK technical info....how do I tell?  Anything else about these mags I can discern by visually inspecting them?  Thanks for anyone who can flip a light switch for me!  Here's the photo of the mags in question.  What exactly IS a chicom flatback?  Is it the floorplate or something?

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#1]
...ribbed, for her pleasure.

Um, compare and contrast what you got sitting there.  Id start by looking at the back seam of the magazine, keeping the word "flat" in mind
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:56:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...ribbed, for her pleasure.

Um, compare and contrast what you got sitting there.  Id start by looking at the back seam of the magazine, keeping the word "flat" in mind

sometimes I'm not as smart as I think I is

I'll do that!  Thanks!  lol...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about the two you have clamped together, but the mag laying down (third from the right) looks like a flat-back Chicom to me.  The rest look ribbed.

DK
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't know about the two you have clamped together, but the mag laying down (third from the right) looks like a flat-back Chicom to me.  The rest look ribbed.

DK

10-4, I see that now - amazing what you can learn in a morning!  I have to check on the other two coupled mags when I get home.  Thanks for the help,

H
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#5]
hokie-
here's a couple of pics of my chicoms, hope this helps.....
note 2 horizontal bands at bottom of mag
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/sackettboys/chicom%20magazine/chicomflatback.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/sackettboys/chicom%20magazine/chicomfollower.jpg

sackettboys
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
hokie-
here's a couple of pics of my chicoms, hope this helps.....
note 2 horizontal bands at bottom of mag
i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/sackettboys/chicom%20magazine/chicomflatback.jpg

i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/sackettboys/chicom%20magazine/chicomfollower.jpg

sackettboys

Thanks for that photo!  I'll check my stuff when I get home and verify the facts!

I learned something today!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I just checked the mags, only one of the 9 mags is a flatback!  It's actually pictured 3rd from the right
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top