Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 1:43:54 PM EDT
Where can you get em currently?

price?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Centerfire systems, 4 used magazines and pouch for like 40.00. "New" magazines are 20.00 a piece, which is pretty steep. My used magazines were just that, used and one of the 4 was in good shape. Others had rust/scratches....they looked like they had been jostled around in a magazine pouch while some Albainiac was spraying/praying. The new magazines are likely nicer, but the used magazines are certainly functional, after you clean 'em up anyways. I "converted" all of my Chinese 30 round magazines to BHO mags and they work famously. Tapco sells Chinese followers, as do others so you could buy these followers and install them into any other AK magazine. If you grind off the little "nubs" which prevent the follower from rising up to the top of the magazine the bolt will hit the back of the folloiwer when the magazine is empy, thus locking it open. I ordered 12 Chinese followers for eventual installation in some of my surplus AK magazines to convert them to BHO mags. Once you shoot with BHO magazines, its hard to go back, its a great feature. While the Yugo mags are authentic and reliable, they are expensive and conversions are as functional but more cost effective. There is a thread about this conversion, should you be inclined to look for it. Besides, Centerfire I don't know of anyone selling Yugo BHO magazines. I suggest you try converting some of your existing magazines, they work every bit as well....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#2]
7.62 go here for pix and instructions for making your own:

Make your own BHO magazines
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
CenterFire sounds good. Thanks.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top