Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:11:18 AM EDT
I recently bought a wasr 10 and they guy at the shop said it came with 2 20 round mags well it looks like they hold more than 20 rounds but thats not the issue..i'm having feeding issues with the mags doesn't come up all the way when unloaded and is very hard to load the other will not feed the last round it will shoot the other rounds flawlessly but the last round never loads it hits the bottem of the barrell...does any body have any suggestions on how to fix these issues? should i just ditch em and get some new ones help please...like i said im new to these guns this is my first one. thanks in advanced.

Josh
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Are they plastic or metal? Do they have any markings on them?

If they are plastic see if you can find a 10 inside of a circle. If they are plastic and dont have the circled 10 they are probably PRO-MAGs and you'll be best off getting some imported metal mags.

Look at some of the pic threads and see if they are 30 rounders.

Welcome to the site!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
they are metal and im pretty sure they are 30 rounders....i took it apart and it looks like it is rubbing in the back on both sides....is it ok to just grind a little off to make it fit better??
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the mag body dented or bent in any spots? When you say rubbing on the back do you mean at the very bottom, like someone has dropped the mag and the mag body and baseplate are bashed in? If that is the case you can try a pliers and try to bend it back.  I'm not sure if I would go to work with a dremil just yet. It's very easy ot take to much off.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
An AK should work with any mil surp magazine you pick up. I'd fix the rifle IF that's the problem. Modifying the magazines will leave you with a rifle which only works with two magazines.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't see how it can be the rifle if it jams only on the last round in the mag... sounds like a follower issue to me. Try polishing the follower and cleaning the inside of the mag some, oil the follower and replace. A bent floorplate should not make a difference, I have a Polish steel mag with the front of the floorplate bent down and it works fine. A dent in the mag body or follower or rust on the follower could be the problem.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top