Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 1:46:00 PM EDT
I know these are pretty rare and fairly expensive but I was wondering if anyone knows where to get them ?

Any information on the actual production would be great. Also, did they ever make triple stack mags (  or is that just something I made up in my head ?  )

I'm looking for all 3 flavors 7.62x39, 5.45 & .223

Let me know what ya know about them and where I might find some to buy.

Thanks fellas  

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that the quadstack mags were only prototype mags and never made for production/export. Also I believe that they were only made by Russia who now has a law banning the export of arms to civvies. I Don't recall seeing them in any caliber other than 5.45. If you could even find one in country I bet it would go for over 1K.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Even the Spetnaz couldn't get em at this point.

Completely a Unicorn....................
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
None in civilian hands.

The Russians only make a 5.45 plastic one right now.

Besides being rare already, the Russians dont export them to any civilian market anywhere.

Also, 5.45 magazines are illegal to even possess in Russia (even hi cap 7.62 are a grey area), so not really any chance of them going out the back door of the warehouse.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep - not easy to find any mags in Russia. A ruskie friend who is now a USA citizen recently tried to pick up some 8 round Siaga mags for me from a Russian gunshop during a visit to Russia. I shoot 3 gun competitions. No luck buying mags. The Russian gunstore told him maybe a special-order item & a few weekes & then only maybe.  Think about it: Russian dude, speaking Russian to another Russian in Russia - and he could not make it happen through legit channels.

Perhaps the black market is different, but regular channels are not open for mags from Russia.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]
With enough money you can make anything happen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Already been tried.. No people that have offered $1000 (about 4 months income to an average Russian) and come up empty handed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Too bad someone doesn't make mags like these in the US... If someone where to start making them, could Russia even do anything about it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:56:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already been tried.. No people that have offered $1000 (about 4 months income to an average Russian) and come up empty handed.

...I dunno...... For years I thought the AK 74 drums were a myth. Last year I was offered one for $3,500. (No...I couldn't afford it) If somebody could get ahold of one of these mags...just long enough to make a mold....

Well, old Soviet era stuff is always fair game. Those drums came out of the Ukraine.. Modern Russian stuff is a different story, as they dont export it, and dont make it in large numbers...

A US factory could make one, but Americans cant seem to get a U shaped piece of metal (receiver) or a simple waffle mag right.. Hate to see a quad stack.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:13:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...I dunno...... For years I thought the AK 74 drums were a myth. Last year I was offered one for $3,500. (No...I couldn't afford it) If somebody could get ahold of one of these mags...just long enough to make a mold....

Well, old Soviet era stuff is always fair game. Those drums came out of the Ukraine.. Modern Russian stuff is a different story, as they dont export it, and dont make it in large numbers...

A US factory could make one, but Americans cant seem to get a U shaped piece of metal (receiver) or a simple waffle mag right.. Hate to see a quad stack.

good point
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Americans can do it right but they choose to  not do quality control and throw shit out on the market. I am sure Ivan has made a few thousand shitty receivers in his day but in a command control economy, scraping them is no problem.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Tried to get a quad stack, $300 direct from Russia....only the body was delivered to my "buddy" with the lips milled on both ends . Got $250 back, gave him $50 for his time. Does anyone haxe a sketch, i'd like to try to mock one up out of wood and try to make some molds......
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Tried to get a quad stack, $300 direct from Russia....only the body was delivered to my "buddy" with the lips milled on both ends . Got $250 back, gave him $50 for his time. Does anyone haxe a sketch, i'd like to try to mock one up out of wood and try to make some molds......

I've seen someone post pictures before but they are probably archived by now. It should be possible to make something like it. Someone on this forum is making siaga12 8rnd mags. I have no experience with resin molds and crap like that, but maybe that guy does.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#14]
double post
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:03:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes, hi cap mags (especially 5.45 as its banned for civilian use in Russia) are illegal in Russia to even possess.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#16]
My friends dad works for NASA and has basically a mini machine shop in his basement. If you could find a spring that would work in the mag, he could probably make the body/follower with some drawings.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Incase ya'll want to see how they work..

Looks fairly simple on paper... couple parts I'm not totally understanding. It's definatly not a matter of making a body, slapping a spring and follower in it and being good to go though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#19]
how about  a 5.56 beta-c with 5.45 tower on it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quad stack mag source ?...........I know where you can find one........in your dreams....next to a pot of gold under a rainbow by the lepper con
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Made from 'unobtainium'.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Made from 'unobtainium'.  

Funny.

But, there is a picture of a Krink with one in it above, and that does not look like a photoshop. If one can be made, many can be made.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top