Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/8/2006 12:37:07 PM EDT
Could someone be so kindly as to take a picture of the follower so I can see what the bolt hold open looks like. thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Here are some pictures I took:

(ETA: one more pic)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Great pics, thanks. I have a magazine with a follower just like that but was not high enuff to catch the bolt and is open where the bolt would catch compared to yours being closed. so I guess I just have some other type of  follower.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:16:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Chicom followers have a similar shape, but sit too low in the mag body to obstruct the bolt.  

If you look inside any mag except the Yugo, under the mag lips, there are bumps that hold the follower down.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know if there are any sources for aftermarket followers that function as the Yugo's?  I have always liked the Idea of the bolt holding open on the last round to improve the weapon handling aspect of the AK.  But the threads I have seen on the Yugo surplus quality has not made me want to give up my Bulgies anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
i just came across these from blackjack buffers but they are out of stock.  has anyone used them?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag -
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought 2 Yugo mags this past weekend. They were apart of a junk/ rusted magazine buyout for a vendor. The box had a bunch of damaged Romainian mags an 2 Yugo's . The Yugo mags needed alittle clean up, and they functioned fine. These mags are built to last. These are very nice mags.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not a AK man my self but it seems the Yugo would be better. I don't know if the action stays open on a AK-47 after it is empty. The bigger follower or most it sticks up with a AR-15 the more likely that it will work at 100% when it comes to staying open.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top