Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/14/2005 3:29:42 PM EDT
Anyone know? I see there are slots sewn in the same compartment for a 3 piece cleaning rod or something like that.

It gets in the way sometimes. Does anyone just cut the thing out?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The slots are for four stripper clips and the little leather loop is for the stripper clip to mag loading adapter.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The strippers and loader are for 5.45mm ammunition.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#3]
We may have a little misunderstanding.How is the strap used for a clip guide? My pouch has a 4 inch long leather strab with 2 snaps on it. their is their is the other half of the snap on the outsideof the pouch.

Anyone have a pic to clarify?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Basic load for a Commie grunt with a 5.45 mm AK was 4 loaded 30 round magazines, one in the rifle and 3 in the pouch.

The fourth pocket (with the strap) held 4 loaded 15-round stripper clips, ready to be used to reload magazines with the stripper guide. The strap keeps the clips from falling out when the main flap for the pouch is opened.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I get it now.

So technically my pouch is for 5.45 AKs. I just got another shipment of mags yesterday and it came with an E German pouch that is meant for 4 mags, and is curved to fit with the mag. I thought all E german pouches were the same, but I understand now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Some of the East German pouches are for 7.62 mags only, some are for 5.45 only, and some are "relaxed fit" to hold either type.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
3 mags and 4 strippers

Are you suppose to thread the stripper loader through the leather tab like this or do you keep it somewhere else?

OT question...  why do I have 3 black paint circles at the bottom of my mags?  The one mag that came w/ the Bulgarian kit doesn't have it but the 4 extra ones that I ordered does.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is an East German AK74 magazine set that doesn't have the internal leather tab.  Everything came out of the sealed plastic bag as is.  I'm not sure if that's how it came from the factory or Northridge put it together like that.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:35:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I see where the loader goes.  

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top