Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/30/2005 10:57:49 AM EDT
title says it all. I was wondering if there are any markings on the us made waffle mags that ID's them. If so, what do they look like?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
no they dont have any markings but you can tell them from the bulgys if you look at the part that goes into the mag release its plastic and not metal and the overall quailty is not as good in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
title says it all. I was wondering if there are any markings on the us made waffle mags that ID's them. If so, what do they look like?

None ... they almost look like the real ones but they dont  have a #10 in a circle like the real ones, and I've seen them for more money then the real ones !!!

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]

if you look at the part that goes into the mag release its plastic and not metal

i'd also like to add to your excellent observation that the feed lips/feed area are not reinforced with metal on the us waffles where as the bulgy waffles do have metal reinforced feedlips/feed area..you just cant see it as its imbedded under/within the polymer... just another reason to avoid the us waffles

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:01:03 AM EDT
[#4]
The Bulgy also have steel reinforcements in the wells of the mag you can see them depending on how your mag is made because some time the top of it is worn down by the factory and the steel shows through.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:53:33 AM EDT
[#5]
hmmmmmm.....well I recieved a magazine from Robsinson armament becuase my vepr wasnt packed with one. Based on what you guys are telling me, I think I got a US waffle mag.......I guess that explains the wobbley fit. eh, it was free so I dont really care. Do these mags suffer from other problems like feeding?
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top