Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/27/2005 12:11:04 PM EDT
Went to the gunshow today, 5.45 mags were on the list but not a priority.  Ran across some like I've never seen.  They were flat sided and brown.  Matte finish.  I think they had a "26" inside a double circle.  Looking at the pic thread, the closest thing is the "phenolic".  Are these common or rare?  They had ribs down the back that alternated sides.  In other words, a rib on the left side here, further down a rib on the right, then the left and so on.
If you guys tell me they're super rare or something...well...I may be back up there tomorrow.
I did pick up 3 East German bakelites for $10 each.

ETA: They could've been the firebrick ones also.  Not sure.  I am pretty sure about the double circled 26 though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
They were brown bulgarian mags not too rare but their good mags.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I did pick up 3 East German bakelites for $10 each.

I picked up 3 soviet marked ISHVESK "plum mags" in excellent condition,  for 10 bucks each at the show today...........which is a great price considering just a few short years ago people were paying upwards of 50 plus  bucks each for them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
At Harrisburg PA I got NEW Russian plum mags at 6@$99. Seems that 74 stuff is getting less expensive. (except ammo!)
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top