Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 12:25:28 AM EDT
Which four pack would you buy?

(1) East German AK-74 Mag Set: 4 30 rd. Bakelite Magazines, Cleaning Kit, 4 Stripper Clips and a guide included and a brand new East German Raindrop Camo Pouch. For $34.95 Shipped.

(2) Bulgarian AK-74 Mag Set: 4 30 rd. Black Polymer Ribbed Magazines, Marked 10 in Double Circle, 4 Stripper Clips and a guide included and brand new Bulgarian pouch. For $40.11 Shipped

What are the heads-up pluses and minuses for these two types?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Both are fair prices-

Both types of magazines work perfectly, and the proper pouch and accessories are nice to have.

The only complaint I've ever heard about the East German mags is that they look funny.  The flow marks in the plastic and the colors give them a faux wood appearance (unintentional) that looks crappy to most people.

I like the strange, but completely functional East German stuff like the pebble-grain buttstocks and these magazines, but the black Bulgarians do look better.

[Edited to add- When I put an East German mag next to my (only) unissued Soviet plastic AK-74 mag (Izhevsk), the colors look pretty darn close. I've seen other Soviet mags that are more red, though.]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it comes down to which you think looks better with your rifle.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think it comes down to which you think looks better with your rifle.

Yep..Thats the only reason I voted Bulgy because the bakelite just look funky with plum furniture but work great...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to everyone for all your input. Went ahead and ordered three of the 4 pack Bulgarian mags from K-Var. Two are the black Double circle 10 and one brown Circle 21.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard that one of the bulgarian mags were not made to the same specs as all the other ones and that they break a lot more than the others anyone confirm this?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I heard that one of the bulgarian mags were not made to the same specs as all the other ones and that they break a lot more than the others anyone confirm this?

Never heard of any problems with Bulgarian 5.45mm magazines.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

(2) Bulgarian AK-74 Mag Set: 4 30 rd. Black Polymer Ribbed Magazines, Marked 10 in Double Circle, 4 Stripper Clips and a guide included and brand new Bulgarian pouch. For $40.11 Shipped

Link?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link?

Yes, I would like to know also.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
KVAR has a similar deal right now:
www.k-var.com
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
KVAR has a similar deal right now:
www.k-var.com

LINK TO K-VAR
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top