Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/27/2005 5:55:23 PM EDT
What is the going rate these day?  

A friend of a friend had one he'd sell for $175, but it seemed too high for me, when I could buy 2 1/2 Romanians for that. lol

-vato
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not TOO High, but that is a decent price for what I've seen them going for these days.  They are reaching the $200 range when I've seen them lately.

Are they worth it?  Depends on how bad you want one.  At $175, I'd be very tempted.  Chinese mags are no longer imported into the States.  Probably will never be again - The '89 ban put a stop to that.  So what is here is all that will be in circulation.

Comparing Chinese to the Romanian drums is kind of night and day.  The Chinese drums are unique in that they can be loaded by opening the back and simply dropping the shells in.  The Romanians have to be loaded like any normal mag from the top and can be tedious and rough on the thumbs.

The Romanians are excellent drums.  Very solid, but the loading issue turns people off sometimes.

Make sure the drum in question is indeed a 100 rd. drum and not a 75 rounder.  I've seen people claim to be selling a 100 rounder, but it was really a 75.  Unless you have two side-by-side, you might not be able to tell.  I don't know the exact dimensions.  One way to tell is load it with shells and then count them.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The difference is in the spiral rings on the outside. 4 rings-100 rdr., 3 rings-75 rounder. Look at 'em an you can tell.Madtechcool
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I paid $150 shipped for mine with 100 rnds of Norinco Steel Core.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.

I will offer $150 and see if he takes it.   I know it should not be going anywhere soon.  I really want it, but its sort of hard to pay the asking $ when you know they used to be $30.  I know, the past is the past, but its still hard.

-vato
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
$150.00 sounds like a good fair price
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]
First of all they are rarely even seen and when they are seent ehy are between $200-250,

These were only made specifically for the American commercial market, only from China and being only form China are specifically banned (permanently) under Clinton or Bush Sr. or both. Teh expiration of the 1994 thing did not affect or improve their status as they are CHINESE.

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently bought four NIW 75 round Chicom drums for $328 shipped off some guy running a gun shop out of Rochester NY on the auctionarms website.  One of the drums seemed to be rattling alot more than the others and also seemed a bit heavier and I thought that maybe there was some ammo in it, but being sealed I couldn't figure out how..then after holding it a few more times I realized one this one was a 100 rounder - confirmed by the 4 spirals and also the different hinge at the bottom...a pleasant surprise indeed he
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=6818664

the ad stated he had more drums, and when i asked, he said he had 4 - and i bought those as well as the price was right....who knows, maybe he has more AND MAYBE YOULL GET A 100 ROUNDER BY MISTAKE LIKE I DID!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Here are pics of two Chinese drums, one 75 rounder and the 100 rounder.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Falcon007/akmags004.jpg
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top