BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 7:50:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll bite.  Holes for dirt and crap to get in?  Interesting tho- where did you score that pic?  The color and texture almost have a more "brittle/rigid" appearance from the normal run-o-the-mill polymer and bakelite mags.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Those sir,  looks like US manufactured AK mags.   I forget the company but I have an sks mag(black) with about the same construction, but it has a big tang sticking out the front of it.  Yes, they are brittle.  My top left feed lip cracked quite easily, but is still functional.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a link? I want one just for grins and giggles.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]
They are detachable US made 30rd SKS magazines. They were first sold in the early 1990's in a kit of 2 mags with a plastic adapter and the loading tool. The adapter took the place of the duckbill like on other SKS mags.
A friend bought one and on the removal of the 3rd mag fired the plastic adapter broke. The tit on rear part of the adapter that the front of the mag locked into broke off.
The mags themselves had feeding problems. They were made of plastic and when loaded with more than 15rds the sides of the mag would bulge out. Allowing the cartridges to shift positions in the mag. Instead of being stagered stacked one on top of the other the sides of the mag spread out enough that the cartridges would be almost be side by side stopping the mag from feeding. Slapping the side of the reciever would shift the cartridges in the mag enough to let a couple more rds feed. You would have to do this a couple of times till the mag emptied down to 15. Then it would feed fine. We glued the tit back on the adapter and were very careful inserting and removing the mags. But with the mag feeding problem when the tit broke off the adapter again we gave up on fixing the adapter and put the factory 10rd mag back in the rifle. Needless to say these detachable mag kits weren't on the market very long.
www.simonov.net/magazines.htm
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn G, thems some ghetto mags!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]
they are training mags the holes are so the newbs can see the bullets and are less likely to shoot some1 :0
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top