Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2004 2:24:53 PM EDT
I have a bunch of 20, 30, and 40 rounders.  I just have them stacked in the closet, ready to fall whenever I dig around for other stuff.  

Is there some good way to store these that I am missing?  I can keep FAL, AR, and CETME mags in ammo cans because they are basically square and stack neatly in there.

And I know this iss the wrong forum, but what about handgun mags?  They are really too small for ammo cans and they also want to fall down when stacked.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
spares in old ammo crates, working stock on a shelf, for all mags/calibers
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I store them for sale on the EE (hint hint). Seriously, I use the German pouches, that hold 4 30 rd mags. My little 5 rders, just keep them in the range bag.

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Czech 7.62 (x54R I think) ammo crate, that originally held 880 rounds, got it for 2 bucks.

500 rnds laid flat of 7.62x39 fits it almost perfect, with enough gap at the back for 3-4 mags.  Total I could probably put 1500 unopened rnds, plus loaded mags and goodies around the edges.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a Czech 7.62 (x54R I think) ammo crate, that originally held 880 rounds, got it for 2 bucks.

500 rnds laid flat of 7.62x39 fits it almost perfect, with enough gap at the back for 3-4 mags.  Total I could probably put 1500 unopened rnds, plus loaded mags and goodies around the edges.  

I got the same type of crate with all my mags, my drum and ammo sitting next to bed.  AK sit on top of it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I have them all piled up in a cardboard box. Along with my two other cardboard boxes for AR-mags and AK74 mags.

I love mags.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Some loaded in the safe, and the rest stored in zip-loc bags in cardboard boxes.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top