Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2004 5:07:22 AM EDT
I just bought two at a gunshow. I was wondering what countries made 40rd AK mags. And where the current 40`s are coming from? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure all of the Combloc countries produced 40 round mags for their respective RPK variants. Most distinctive of the lot of the are the Chinese variety that lack the sharp ridge on the backside of the mag and the Bulgarian polymer models. I don't believe all of the Combloc countries produced the 20 round variety found from Hungary for the AMD series rifles but China did manufacture 20 round mags for their bullpup model. 40's are pretty much generic, Bulgarian and Romanian seem to be the bulk of what's currently available. The Bulgarian (steel) models are easily identified as they appear to be pieced together from 2 mags. Considering how importers/distributers get mixed batches, arsenal codes/markings and finish are the only way to be positive exactly where your mags originate from.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of the steel 40s I have seen are Romy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Most of the steel 40s I have seen are Romy.

Same here.

Damn I need to get a few.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You need mag sources? Look here:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=55&t=60257
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]
At the last Fun Show I found a whole box of Romy 40 rnd mags for 10 bucks each, less than what some ppl wanted for 30 rnd ones.  So of course I picked one up :)
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top