Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/3/2003 7:09:49 AM EDT
I recently located a 75rd. Chinese magazine and it is a bit rusty from the way it was stored which was somewhere in a box on the ground in a garage.

It has gotten quite a bit of rust on it and I was looking for some information on how to properly remove the rust and get it protected before it rusts anymore.

Anyone got any pointers?

I was thinking of getting a brass toothbrush and scrub it down then simply oil it real good, any problems with that?

Thanks

edited to ask; btw, what does the "396" signify on the mag, that is the only marking I can see on it.

edited again because my Chin is not Chinese
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The best way to keep rust off your chin is to keep a barrel out of your mouth.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a little CLR on some rust spots before I refinished one of my drums with GunCoat. A little scrubbung with a brush too. Beware though, CLR or any delimer/descaler will remove Anodization as well. If you do refinish it, don't get crazy on the inside, just one or two light coats or it will bind up on you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Try a copper brush and some Kerosene.

Works great on Rusted guns too.

KyARGuy
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top