which 1's
where
price is less of an issue than quality
stuff ABSOLUTELY dont buy

any help would be appreciated

jjw
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
All of them seem to work fine, though I must say the Bulgy polymer mags are my favorite. Very well made and rubust. I got mine from K-var a while back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
tks just got new shot gun news in am going to go thru it when i get time

price i should pay????

jjw
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
dude get the mag kit from Northridge Internatioal Inc till the end of the month they are only 20 bucks plus shipping of course cant beat that check  out Oct 10th issue Shotgun News
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
 thnks to all who helped

best  i spend a lot of time around ar-15 so if i can help let me know

jjw
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
RPB I think still has the east german mags for $5 each too.
http://www.rpbusa.com/magazines.html
If you can get black poly bulgy mags for less than $11 each, buy them! Otherwise K-var still lists them for $10.99 and I think if you join the forum over there, you get a discount.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#6]
While they look a bit off on the polymer stock 74s, the lightly used E Ger. orange bakelite mags are by far the best deal. Otherwise spend twice as much on black Bulgy mags.
Which 74 did you get?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#7]
i got a bulgarian 1 i had a ak-47 and the stock beat the crap out of my jaw(broken in viet nam in 69) so i dont do big bore stuff but we could not figure out why it beat the crap out of me

my partner is a big time trainer so he swapped me a 74 for my 47

it has green furniture and we were hitting steel out to 200 yds sunday and thats not bad for a 59 yr old with bifocals

usually use a ar with a e0tec fpr all trg work
tricked out

probably will buy some of both as i am a hi mag  kind of a guy.

will take the steel and turn od green to match
furniture. buy reddis 1's for the coolness factor

thanks to all  am havng fun with it

bought 4000 rounds of barnal yesterday cant get over the pricing of this stuff. i am paying a lot more for l.c. 223

before the ban myself and 3 buddies bought 500 ar mags and since i have 5 prebans it seemed like a good idea.  but this stuff is cheeeeeeeap

best to all.

jjw

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a thought on the orange mags, I blacked all mine out using Dupli-color truck bed liner. Comes in a can for about $7 at Auto-Zone. Lightly sand and degrease and stand about 2-3 ft away and you get a tough textured finish. Just don't over do it or they won't fit. Used Alumi-hyde II as well and it sticks nicely, just takes forever and a day to cure completely.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Where did you order the barnul from??

I'm looking fo ra quantity myself..

Thanks.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#10]
kyarguy,
got my last batch here www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=97107 do a search for spotsmans guide coupons and get 5-10 bucks off. If your a member, you get even mnore of a discount.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Just don't over do it or they won't fit

Will it take out the wobble in the fit? Mine all wobble left-right and it makes a racket.

Noise (before opening fire) is bad, bad, bad.

Thanks.

SD
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
kyarguy,
got my last batch here www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=97107 do a search for spotsmans guide coupons and get 5-10 bucks off. If your a member, you get even mnore of a discount.

How does this stuff shoot compared to the Barnal?
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top