Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/16/2003 7:13:34 PM EDT
I just picked up a few at Knob Creek.

They look and feel pretty solid.
I havent tried them yet, but has anyone else tried them??
Just curious.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I got 10 myself, shot a few of them, no problems to speak of!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I like these mags, lighter than the waffles but still very sturdy. I picked up tooo many of these over the summer so if anyone is looking for some shoot me an email.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Your talking about the black AK-74 mags right?

YEah they seem really nice and all. I would take them second to the bakelites though.

Just my opinion......
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There are also 7.62x39 synthetic polish mags for the AK.  AIM Surplus has 'em listed here along with a picture - www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Rifle_Magazines.html.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are also 7.62x39 synthetic polish mags for the AK.  AIM Surplus has 'em listed here along with a picture - www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Rifle_Magazines.html.

YEah, I wasnt sure which ones he was talking about.

Anyone want to sell me one or two? I would like to have one or two to study.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up 16 of the Polish plastic mags when they first came out, overall they're nice mags but the Bulgarian waffle mags are definetely of higher quality than the plastic Polish mags. The Bulgarian mags are made of a somewhat softer plastic and along w/ their overall better construction make them apt to take abuse that the Polish plastic mags wont. Out of the 16 about 5 had rust on the springs, not bad though, no "cracks" are present on any of them anywhere. I put away 10 for the collection and the other 6 are my range mags. I like plastic mags for ease of maintanence as there virtually is none required. The 6 I have in use now have taken a serious beating and are still running fine, no probs whatsoever. Now that the Bulgarian waffles are cheaper I will most likely add 4 of mine to my "range mag" collection, my beaters. The Polish mags are a must for the collection and they will make a nice addition to my Polish PMKM build I plan on getting done soon.

The Kollector
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I go mine through COPES DIST at knob creek.
I like them alot. They functionand feed great.

What receiver you building your PMKM on?
I was thinking about one of these too.

KyARGuy
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top