Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2003 11:10:09 PM EDT
Are Bulgarian Waffles better than steel 30 round magazines (Bulgarian,Romanian,Soviet Bloc,Chinese,etc.)? I want your opinion from your experience.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I woudlnt say better or worse.

If you want an AK47 mag thats lighter and will not rust than steel mags. The waffels are better

If you want the strongest AK mag and never have damaged feedlips than the steel mags would be best.

If you are a safe queen and pamper your AK's like they are made out of glass then go for the waffles. If you use your AK like a rifle, I would say stick with the steel ones.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a ton of steel AK mags and have recently started picking up some poly mags. M4 is right on the money. But as to the rust on the steel mags, I refinished all mine and don't have a problem in the world with rust. And since you can pick up 2 steel mags for about the price of 1 poly, well...
Personal preference, which one do you like better and how much is it worth to you to have it? But the poly mags ain't gonna' work any better; they are lighter, so if you plan on loading out with an AK, that might swing your decision.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top