Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/1/2003 9:04:16 AM EDT
Little late to ask now, but are these good mags? I ordered 4 of them cuz they look so cool!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock solid purchase- a lot of folks like them better than the steel.  Certainly a must have and I'm sure you'll be happy with them.  They fit VERY nice without any slop, and of course your initial observation- they look great!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Bulgarian waffle mags are great mags.  

They are one of my favorite mags because they are strong, light, fit tight, and don't rust.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey! Alright....I didn't mess up for once! Thanks for the replies....should be here by thurs...can't wait. Just polished my bolt carrier last night. Now with the waffle mags oughta look pretty neat!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, they came in...very cool! I had to open up the mag well of the WASR a little more to get them to fit, but they popped right in the SAR-1. I give them a 10+ for coolness!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Heard a funny story about how Russian troops refuse to carry synthetic mags in chest pouches for fear of them getting hit and x-rays not finding the fragments in their chest.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
WOW! Never thought of that!hock.gif
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Heard a funny story about how Russian troops refuse to carry synthetic mags in chest pouches for fear of them getting hit and x-rays not finding the fragments in their chest.

Yeah, because if you get shot in the chest, it's the little pieces of plastic that you are going to have to worry about, right???  Sorry, but as an ER nurse in a big city, I am skeptical of how well-founded those fears are.  If one of my Bulgarian mags ever breaks, I will take a piece and see if it is radio-opaque at work though.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Trust me guys, peices of dense polymer will show up on an X-Ray.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#9]
How about bakelite mags? The story I heard was referring to Russian troops carrying bakelite mags in Afghanistan. I made the ass-umption that Bulgarian polymer mags wouldn't show up either.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How about bakelite mags?

Probably about the same. The Bakelite is like a plastic baked fiber, but its still quite dense.
If there were to be any shardes of plastic being cut into your flesh due to a round blowing through your chest through a mag, the plastic shardes would most likely not go any deeper tham 1/8" of flesh. The tough canvas and other clothing you will be wearing will act like a screen from the shards. What does get through is going to get cut out from the bullet hole channel and surrounding areas.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Cant hardly get Bulgy mags to fit my MAK.Have to almost force em in.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top