Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/6/2003 1:36:31 AM EDT
I just received the first 4 of 11 mags I ordered for my new SAM7. Since anything over 10rds is considered a preban mag, whos to say if these mags I am buying are post bans? These are them bulgarian waffle mags(new) that I purchased from Kvar.com Also I orderd 4 polish,2 synthetic polish,1 Romanian 40rd from AIM. How can I know if these are legit mags? Couldn't a officer take these mags since I have no way to prove these are prebans?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Reciept has no pre ban writing on it and mags have no dates. The waffle mags do have the number "10" in a circle on the bottom left side of the mag.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#2]
All high capacity ammunition feeding devices manufactured in or manufactured and imported into the US after the enactment of the AWB must have the date of manufacture on them and be marked "For government and LEO use only", or some such marking.  If there is no date after the AWB date and no usage marking, then they are pre-ban mags.  Pre-ban mags are not required to have a date or addtitional markings, post-ban mags are required to.  That is the only way that the courts can prove you are in illegal possession of a high capacity ammo feeding device.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. Good Good.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top