Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/23/2003 12:18:53 PM EDT
Bugarian? E German? ??? Is there really any difference?
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you're going for looks, get the black Bulgarian mags. I go for quantity, East German Bakelites @ $5 each!

www.rpbusa.com/ak.html

I agree. For looks, I also like the Brown AK74 mags, but at times they are hard to find.
If you want to dress up your Red-ish color E.German mags, you can sand them and put a few coats of any color plactic model paint. It works really well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the black Bulgarian mags and the East German bakelites.  I bought a bunch of the bakelites when they were $5 each and I also bought a bunch of the Bulgarians when they were $10 each.  The Bulgarian mags look great if you have a black synthetic stock installed on your rifle.  The E-German mags look good if you have a wood stock installed.  I would get some of both.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Function and quality wise, they're the same wessono.

Get whichever matches your persona. If you have a wood set, a bakelite E German is probably the better way to go. If you're all black with a black polymer stock set, I would definitely prefer Bulgarian black polymer mags.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#5]
m-4 are you saying you can sand down  bakelite mags and paint them a different color ie black or od green with  plastic modle paint? have you seen any mags done like this?
thanks
john
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen it. Just a light sand/bead blast then paint. Some bake orange will show where the mag fits the receiver, but not when it is in the gun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
m-4 are you saying you can sand down  bakelite mags and paint them a different color ie black or od green with  plastic modle paint? have you seen any mags done like this?
thanks
john

Yup I have done it. I mean its not going to be 100% scratch resistant. I would say with 3 coats its about 90% scratch resistant. But still, you want to have a good looking mag you probably wont be beating the hell out of it any how.

My favorite color is the "Flat Olive" or olive drab color paint that Testors makes. If I had a digital camrea I would take some pics for you. But I am sorry I dont.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, what about a FSE Krinkov-style fixed skeleton stock?  I vote for the black Bulgarian mags as the superior fashion accessories for this stock
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#9]
m-4 olive drab is what i was thinking about doing, going to be an interesting project. lol
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
well guys i just ordered 20 bakelights from rpbusa. i'll post pics and a reveiw when i get them  this week.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
well guys i just ordered 20 bakelights from rpbusa. i'll post pics and a reveiw when i get them  this week.

Hell yeah, pics would be great!

I am just wondering but what kind of AK's do you have?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#12]
i have an sar-2 with the black k-var stock set
muzzel break, soon to have red star trigger group.i will have a pic of my baby this weekend
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#13]
okay guys i got my 20 mags from www.rpbusa.net
today. i orderd them on monday. 20 mag's at 5 dollars a piece. 10 dollars shipping . total
$110 dollars. got here today at about 1pm.
all i can say is these mags look brand spanking new.i'm very  happy with this order and i recomend these mags to everybody who needs some 5.45 mags.anyways thanks guys.
john
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info guys $5 is an awesome price for bakelite mags from rpbusa, I will order some.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top