Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/9/2018 9:15:13 PM EDT
They just showed up in a email notice.

$19.95-24.95 depending on how many are purchased.

Reasonably priced & advertised to be in excellent condition with little finish wear.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
$24 for 20 round a.k. mag what is the attraction?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$24 for 20 round a.k. mag what is the attraction?
View Quote
They are quality mags and work well with underfolders or shooting from the bench and prone.
I was set to buy a few but after shipping they were close to $30 a piece so I passed
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:03:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea I don't do much business with AIM due to their shipping costs but after doing the math & seeing that other vendors want $35/ea for Hungarians I decided to order some since I'd still be ahead of those others and that they're sort of a unique mag.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
these used to be $5 a pop, and even when they got decently popular $30 for 3 with a mag pouch... But for some reason they became the next (10) and everyone wanted them so retailers trippled the price. they have TONS in stock and never seem to go away, but they keep wanting to charge rare prices for them. Welcome to CTD syndrome which is rampant in the AK world
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I haven't advertised a tanker mag in ten years,

the website quotes UPS, we can ship a medium flat rate USPS for about $14, ten mags would fit in it

the website quotes UPS, we can ship a medium flat rate USPS for about $14, ten mags would fit in it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
these used to be $5 a pop, and even when they got decently popular $30 for 3 with a mag pouch... But for some reason they became the next (10) and everyone wanted them so retailers trippled the price. they have TONS in stock and never seem to go away, but they keep wanting to charge rare prices for them. Welcome to CTD syndrome which is rampant in the AK world

Quoted:
They are quality mags and work well with underfolders or shooting from the bench and prone.
I was set to buy a few but after shipping they were close to $30 a piece so I passed

Quoted:
Yea I don't do much business with AIM due to their shipping costs but after doing the math & seeing that other vendors want $35/ea for Hungarians I decided to order some since I'd still be ahead of those others and that they're sort of a unique mag.
On the shipping estimator the only price for shipping that came up and was available was $18.09 for my 3 mag order. I initially looked at more mags but the shipping cost was then $19.49, and I assumed the shipping cost would go up further with more mags ordered.  No where during checkout did a see a USPS rate of $14.

In looking at the Terms & Conditions section it does say that accessory orders being shipped to a PO Box will ship US Mail. for a medium flat rate. However, my order was not going to  PO Box and again I saw no other USPS $14 option as per the shipping estimator.

In the FAQs section it states..."(Currently our website only calculates UPS shipping charges; for USPS, please call)".  Ordering outside of business hours precludes calling for USPS shipping.

If a medium flat rate USPS option is available perhaps that should be displayed based on order type, like up to 10 mags and/or equivalents.

If the USPS shipping option, stated above, is available perhaps AIM should update the shipping estimator to allow for using that outside of business hours.

I received the AIM newsletter email after their business hours for the week. While I'm glad AIM had these available at a decent price I would have placed a larger order if the stated USPS shipping option was available after those hours.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They just showed up in a email notice.

$19.95-24.95 depending on how many are purchased.

Reasonably priced & advertised to be in excellent condition with little finish wear.
View Quote
Thanks for the post, I picked up 20 of them.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
most guys just emailed us to switch to USPS

some day i will finish the USPS option on the website, but so far it hasn't happened yet.   It requires a logic update that makes it where ammo doesn't get offered as a USPS option
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the shipping estimator the only price for shipping that came up and was available was $18.09 for my 3 mag order. I initially looked at more mags but the shipping cost was then $19.49, and I assumed the shipping cost would go up further with more mags ordered.  No where during checkout did a see a USPS rate of $14.

In looking at the Terms & Conditions section it does say that accessory orders being shipped to a PO Box will ship US Mail. for a medium flat rate. However, my order was not going to  PO Box and again I saw no other USPS $14 option as per the shipping estimator.

In the FAQs section it states..."(Currently our website only calculates UPS shipping charges; for USPS, please call)".  Ordering outside of business hours precludes calling for USPS shipping.

If a medium flat rate USPS option is available perhaps that should be displayed based on order type, like up to 10 mags and/or equivalents.

If the USPS shipping option, stated above, is available perhaps AIM should update the shipping estimator to allow for using that outside of business hours.

I received the AIM newsletter email after their business hours for the week. While I'm glad AIM had these available at a decent price I would have placed a larger order if the stated USPS shipping option was available after those hours.
most guys just emailed us to switch to USPS

some day i will finish the USPS option on the website, but so far it hasn't happened yet.   It requires a logic update that makes it where ammo doesn't get offered as a USPS option
Understand. Not trying to be critical just pointing out circumstances. It would be great if you folks could get the USPS option on the website & figured there was a software issue that needed to be addressed.  The shipping estimators escalating UPS shipping prices kept me from ordering more.

Thx
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sent you a email to change my shipping to USPS to try and save a few $.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Just received my order.   These were unused with no marks from inserting in a rifle.  Nice heavy Hungarian construction.  Thanks, Bryan!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn't get the email, can you PM me your order #
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent you a email to change my shipping to USPS to try and save a few $.
I didn't get the email, can you PM me your order #
One of your crew took care of me. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my Hungarian 20s today. Very nice.

All inserted fine in my WASR-17 but only one did in my WASR-15. Will need to file those to fit but won't take much.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine came today, they look new and unused. Now I just need to find a couple of pouches for them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Pimp, which european country did you contract to make these, i swear they are brand new besides the handling marks
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#18]
another pimp, they look great! If mine weren't practically indestructible I'd buy some more!

Tanker mags
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
oh i have some that are beat, we just put those aside, only the best shipping now
View Quote
When do those mags go on sale?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
these used to be $5 a pop, and even when they got decently popular $30 for 3 with a mag pouch...
View Quote
You are indicating your age!  I remember those days, too.  I get sticker shock now as well.  I loaded up when they were $24.99 for a 3-pack w/ pouch, oil can, and cleaning kit.  Free shipping an no tax.  The good ole' days.  Those days are long gone, but I have plenty to feed my AMD.  Sad when your firearm accessories are appreciating faster than my 401K........kidding, but almost true.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got a few in. Damn things look brand new!
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Less than 50 left
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
oh i have some that are beat, we just put those aside, only the best shipping now
View Quote
Any eta on when those will go up? I already have some NOS 20's, but i'd sure take a few B grade ones for range mags, they are so much better if you need to sight a rifle in off the bench, and easier on the arms when shooting offhand.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any eta on when those will go up? I already have some NOS 20's, but i'd sure take a few B grade ones for range mags, they are so much better if you need to sight a rifle in off the bench, and easier on the arms when shooting offhand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm guessing they are OOS now, probably PM pimp and see what he can do, i wanna say they go up shortly after and get blown out like the 40s a few years back
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top