Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2018 6:00:16 PM EDT
Been wanting a drum for a while now and saw the Romanian drums for $90-110 and was wondering if there any good?
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
My Romy 75rd drums work just fine. Not sure about the ones you're asking about, but I got mine in 2002 during the Romy import wave.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Romy 75rd drums work just fine. Not sure about the ones you're asking about, but I got mine in 2002 during the Romy import wave.
View Quote
It's the Red Army Standard ones, seems like drum mags are $150+ (for the really good ones)
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The Romy (RAS) are supposed to be milsurp quality. They are a clone of the original Chinese back loader design. The Chinese ones haven’t been imported since 1994 so they are $150-$250 usually. The Romies are still being imported by Century and usually run $90-120 but are a bit hard to find in stock. There are Romy top loaders (milsurp clone of Russian design) and they cost more presumably because they are no longer made (and the original Russian made top loaders are like $300!). Then there are the Korean backloader drums, which are cheaper than the Romies and I hear they work fine, but are by no means milsurp.

Bottom line is that the RAS drum is the best value right now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple of the Romanian (RAS) drums, work just fine.  I keep them loaded, but unwound.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, they're good drum mags.

I have a Russian T/L and a dozen or so both Romy B/L's & T/L's, I just picked up another Romy top loader at the KCI Expo gun show yesterday for $90, in support for (March for our Lives)!

Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be trying this one out tomorrow

Ordered from Primary Arms

(it may look dry but it is indeed covered with oil/preservative)

Wouldn't it say that in Romanian?

Link Posted: 6/10/2018 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the RAS one and it actually holds 76 rounds in it. I've only ran it through once and had no issues.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, Romys are good to go, got 3 of them back a few years ago for like $60 a pop shipped or something like that, under $200 for all 3 and they all function just fine, used one last time I went to the range and unloaded the entire drum without a hiccup
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Fired my Romy clipadrum today.

Failed to feed about 3/4 through.  Simply put I failed to do enough turns at the beginning.

I did 7 turns but they turned out to be half-turns instead of 7 full turns

I dig the drumazine
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top