Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2018 10:28:19 PM EDT
Does anyone have "hands-on" experience/feedback on these new production AK mags?

Are they made as well as old Eastern-bloc mags?  these are the ones with the oak-leaf stamp on them.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 1:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 20 of them.  They fit great and function fine in my galil ace pistol

They also fit in my bulgarian milled arsenal but the fit is much tighter , they still function but as I said the fit is tighter in some of the 20 I have . I am sure if I took a file to the rear they would fit perfect.

The springs on these are nice and strong , even more so then some other east block mags . The welds look ok , perhaps a bit lighter then older mags , but good never the less .

The finish is excellent,  a deep blued , very uniform .

The steel seems a tad little bit thiner then older mags , but it has been said before that newer steel does not need to be as thick as older manufactured mags .

The mags come vacuum sealed in heavy clear plastic bags,  and soaked in a lite oil , not grease thank God.  All you need to do is wipe the inside and out and your good to go , no need to decrease 40nyear old cosmoline!!

In short a good magazine at a great price worthy of stacking deep with one caveat.

Some guns can be farther to one side or the other with there magazine well dimensions.  Those guns with tighter dimensions will need to have the magazine locking lugs fitted .  a couple of Strokes with a file or a few passes with a Dremel sander is all that is needed, it really is that easy.

Bottom line , buy cheap and stack deep !!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:45:51 AM EDT
[#3]
as moka said, they're a bit thinner with the steel than other mags. For BHO mags on the cheap, I'd get the Zastava serbian ones from apex. $8.99 each (about the same as the croats) and they are built like TANKS. I've played with both and prefer the Zastava serbians
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
My Croatian fig-leaf mags don't fit a couple of my rifles.  Until these mags, I had never seen one that wouldn't fit any of my AKs.  I have lots of mil-surp steel mags from other countries and plastic US-made mags (Magpul and Promag) - no issues with them.  So unless the Croatian mags are much cheaper, and you don't mind possibly filing them to fit, I would get something else.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback.

I have no problems on filing mags since I've had to file E. Bloc mil surplus and Circle 10 mags to fit my SARs and SLR-106.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 1:10:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up some Croatian mags at a local LGS and was pleasantly surprised on how nice they are. Pretty sturdy mags.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top