Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/3/2017 10:47:36 AM EDT
Looking to add some polymer mags for my ak- Is there a reason to spend a little more coin for the ((10))'s or do the Magpul's give them a run for their money? Any input from someone that maybe owns both would be appreciated!

Thanks-
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to add some polymer mags for my ak- Is there a reason to spend a little more coin for the ((10))'s or do the Magpul's give them a run for their money? Any input from someone that maybe owns both would be appreciated!

Thanks-
View Quote

The answer, IMO, is yes to both.

Circle10s are as good as they get.  The only knock I have on the Magpuls is that occasionally, under abusive conditions, the feed lips may/will crack.   But----they're designed so they work anyway and in my experience they do just that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The answer, IMO, is yes to both.

Circle10s are as good as they get.  The only knock I have on the Magpuls is that occasionally, under abusive conditions, the feed lips may/will crack.   But----they're designed so they work anyway and in my experience they do just that.
View Quote

Appreciate the reply sir! Love your videos- I guess I'll just have to go with some of each!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
the ((10)) waffle magazines will have steel feed lip liners as well as reinforcement along the spines and floorplate of the magazine. worth it to me but why not get both?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the ((10)) waffle magazines will have steel feed lip liners as well as reinforcement along the spines and floorplate of the magazine. worth it to me but why not get both?
View Quote

I am going to go this route. Might as well have some of each. No reason not to I guess. Just didn't want to spend money on the magpuls then regret the decision. Seems I might be happy with both. Again, that's for the replies guys
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m digging up this old discussion to see if anyone has enough time using Toth Tool’s mags to say how they compare to Circle 10s. They’re just over half the price and seem to be built like a tank, but I haven’t splurged on any Circle 10s myself, and I don’t train hard enough with my AK to really stress my mags. I bought three of the TTE mags a couple years ago, but they seem to be always out of stock, so I doubt I’ll get any more anytime soon. I saw somewhere that they had issues with the follower sticking in the original batch, but TTE supposedly corrected that in subsequent production runs. I’ll continue to add an M3 PMAG once in a while, and I guess I’ll have to buy a Circle 10 for comparison.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 15 or so Bulgarian Circle 10's and 2 of the Gen 3 PMAGs.  The PMAGS are great, but they don't have the reinforced lips.  If they are around the same price, I would buy the Circle 10s, solely for the resale value and robustness.   They just look right in the AK.

If you need the parts for compliance, then get the PMAGs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Instead of going off topic (circle 10's vs Magpul) with another brand of mag, please start your own thread.

Thanks.
View Quote
I don’t see the point of starting a Magpul vs. Circle 10 vs. TTE magazine discussion when this existing one could survive a brief diversion, or even an expansion, to accomplish the same thing. That’s why this entire forum has so many duplicate threads, while useful information gets buried and then repeated again in new threads on the same topic. The apparent obsessive need to start new threads without ever looking back to see if there are any relevant existing discussions is something I’d rather not contribute to. I’d rather rejuvenate a useful thread like this one by possibly expanding the discussion instead of letting it die on the vine three pages back.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Please don't go off topic in this thread.

The post above is an example of going off topic.

This thread is about Circle 10 and Magpul mags, not how you wish to run this forum.

Start your own thread if you wish to discuss a different mag, or don't, your choice.
View Quote
Well , are you going to contribute or just complain ??

Soon as i heard cracked feed lips that means no thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please don't go off topic in this thread.

The post above is an example of going off topic.

This thread is about Circle 10 and Magpul mags, not how you wish to run this forum.

Start your own thread if you wish to discuss a different mag, or don't, your choice.

The comment from nearly a year ago that Magpul AK mags feed lips "may/will crack" are unsubstantiated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The comment from nearly a year ago that Magpul AK mags feed lips "may/will crack" are unsubstantiated.
View Quote
Except for all the examples where they did crack, right?

One I found with a simple Youtube search for "Magpul AK feed lips" - first hit in the search results of many:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hynkh6rgIXM
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#14]
The mag he drops in the video is not one of the Gen 3 steel reinforced mags. It's  one of the older MOE all polymer mags. You can tell by the ribbed area under the rear lug. Not saying the new mags would fare better, just saying it's not the same mag.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I just bought one of the Magpuls, and it doesn't fit my 2 AK's even though one of them fit every other type of mag I've tried it, US, soviet bloc and Yugo...
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Circle 10s are superior. I like Magpul products and have nothing bad to say about any of their mags, but in this instance, they are not the best choice.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top