Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/12/2014 9:20:00 AM EDT
Has anyone heard anything new regarding these mags?
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#1]
According to them should be out next month.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you plan on testing them and posting a review when they are released?  I find your videos very well done and informative!
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Do you plan on testing them and posting a review when they are released?  I find your videos very well done and informative!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

I hope to but they haven't acknowledged me and I've written them several times.  Who knows.........  

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks, I guess they're gonna beat Magpul to market. The testing will be interesting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, looks like the mag will be sent out to me for T&E.   Stay tuned guys.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Great videos, be rough on it!
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Great videos, be rough on it!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 7:11:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Ooooh can't wait!  Anybody know the price point?
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Very interested in these. If they come to market at $20 or under they will be an enormous hit. If they are at that price point and good quality i'll buy 7 magazines at least. (enough for my chest rig +1 in the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#10]
IF these are as good as circle 10's and are cheaper,they'll be hard pressed to make enough!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#11]
plouf

Thanks for your service to the fire arm community. I go to you and Tim when I need an honest review.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
plouf

Thanks for your service to the fire arm community. I go to you and Tim when I need an honest review.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn it!

I get on every day, "please let the review be up, please let the mags be out", but nope.

Wheeeeeennn Goooooood?!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:40:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Now it's listed as "Not For Sale"...
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Vaporware.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Vaporware.
View Quote

Let's hope not...
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Let's hope not...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vaporware.

Let's hope not...

Considering this is happening, I highly doubt that it is vaporware:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vaporware.

Let's hope not...

Quoted:

This doesn't mean that they actually sent out a mag for testing, only that they "will".  Since their website now says "Not for sale" when it used to say "Available June 2014", this is a classic case of vaporware.  Even if PD gets a test magazine, it doesn't mean that they are in production for the market.

Constant hints of "it's coming guys!", and slipping dates "not this month, but next month we swear!", and untruths.  I'll believe it when I see it for sale.  Until then, this product is vaporware.  Magpul will probably beat them to the punch at this pace.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Release date now says July.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:00:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This doesn't mean that they actually sent out a mag for testing, only that they "will". Since their website now says "Not for sale" when it used to say "Available June 2014", this is a classic case of vaporware. Even if PD gets a test magazine, it doesn't mean that they are in production for the market.

Constant hints of "it's coming guys!", and slipping dates "not this month, but next month we swear!", and untruths. I'll believe it when I see it for sale. Until then, this product is vaporware. Magpul will probably beat them to the punch at this pace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vaporware.

Let's hope not...

Quoted:

Well, looks like the mag will be sent out to me for T&E. Stay tuned guys.

This doesn't mean that they actually sent out a mag for testing, only that they "will". Since their website now says "Not for sale" when it used to say "Available June 2014", this is a classic case of vaporware. Even if PD gets a test magazine, it doesn't mean that they are in production for the market.

Constant hints of "it's coming guys!", and slipping dates "not this month, but next month we swear!", and untruths. I'll believe it when I see it for sale. Until then, this product is vaporware. Magpul will probably beat them to the punch at this pace.

I've never seen it stated as "available blank time". It always shows NOT FOR SALE, for me. I think it will come out by end July. Maybe August. Otherwise, I'll just buy more circle 10's and say to hell with them.

I'm a patient person, but stating that it will happen at a certain time, and it not happening, turns me off about things.

<removed> this is a technical forum, not General Discussion. If you don't understand the difference, check the Conduct Code. dryflash3

Come September, Toth will magically disappear from my mind, and Circle 10's will be that inspiration.

Toth, please don't be my wife! I'm broke!

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#21]
FWIW, I have not received any yet but the owner himself told me it would be sent out.     Time will tell.   Seemed like a pretty sincere guy though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Honestly, I hope they come out asap, so magpul can test//compare them to their prototype and make theirs EVEN better than Tothtools mag ultimately.

It looks cool, just don't like the fact that its identical to a ((10)) mag nearly. Also the pic on their site has the front and rear tab VEEEEERY transparent to where you cannot even tell that it is gonna be steel reinforced until you read the description being the feedlips have a steel color in the blueprint but the lugs are a very faded transparent/very light grey.

Magpul is just the shit, hands down!!! So I REEEALLY HOPE that they strive to make their mag like the Circle 10 with Rugged Steel that rarely will even be seen being their so strong, rather than the US Palm style in which the front lug is hollow in the middle and looks like its an aluminum semi-Circle, rather than a solid steel tab.

Then again, Tothtool may be waiting out Magpul to do what I stated above, with the companies in Vice Versa.

Either way, A "Circle 10" Price Drop should be coming soon, especially being that they used to be $7 flat, just shows how much profit are made on those damn things now, although I love em but when some vendors have them for $35-ish, and K-VAR has the balls to sell them for $47 + plus shipping, somethings wrong with that picture!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#24]
These  can't come fast enough!
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm probably alone in thinking that right now would be a BAD time to introduce a new mag. There seems to be tons of surplus Combloc mags in good to excellent condition pouring in for as little as $10 on average. As we all know, those are highly durable mags that, barring something extreme, should last us the rest of our lives assuming reasonable use & abuse.

When you have to sell your new & unproven mag for $20, the market as a whole might not react the same as it would if the overall AK magazine picture was more dire. This is a tough hurdle, no matter how much R&D and independent testing you've done to bring your product to market.

Would I buy a couple? Sure. Would I buy a metric shit-ton of 'em? Not when Combloc mags can be had for 10 bucks.

I'm guessing a lot of AK owners might have the same reservations once its time to go plop down some money to beef up the mag stash.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Depends on your point of view.  If they are a durable and reliable, it's an easy +3 to your 922r count that would be better than the typical Tapco or Magpul option.  Would give you the appearance of a Circle 10 (so a "military look") without the cost or compliance issues.

I'm looking forward to these, so hopefully they don't turn into vaporware or end up priced the same as Circle 10s.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:27:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Depends on your point of view.  If they are a durable and reliable, it's an easy +3 to your 922r count that would be better than the typical Tapco or Magpul option.  Would give you the appearance of a Circle 10 (so a "military look") without the cost or compliance issues.

I'm looking forward to these, so hopefully they don't turn into vaporware or end up priced the same as Circle 10s.
View Quote

Not vaporware.
They're in stock.

http://www.tothtool.com/762x39-30rd-AK-Magazine--Steel-Reinforced-Polymer-_p_58.html
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:31:34 AM EDT
[#28]
would have liked to see them at $19.99.........$24.99 plus $6 shipping for one to me puts these within a few dollars of what circle 10s sell for on the forums.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:46:01 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not vaporware.
They're in stock.

http://www.tothtool.com/762x39-30rd-AK-Magazine--Steel-Reinforced-Polymer-_p_58.html

Just waiting on the torture test...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#30]
They're on the way
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They're on the way
View Quote

Can't wait!Even though you've cost me enough money from all your test,and recent Facebook post...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like they lack the same metal reinforcements of the genuine circle 10 mags, but if they function right and are cheaper I am sure they will sell fine.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:02:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Looks like they lack the same metal reinforcements of the genuine circle 10 mags, but if they function right and are cheaper I am sure they will sell fine.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/downloads/mag_thumb.jpg
View Quote

Toth's description says steel lockup points, feed lips, and floor plate.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#34]
They seem to have covered all the right reinforcement points. They must have invested a lot into this venture. I cant wait it see if they live up to the mil surplus mags.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

While not exactly like the ((10)), it is similar. The steel feed lips, and locking logs both front and back appear to be one whole unit, unlike the ((10)). Which could be why they didn't add all that steal to the mag.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Any word on plans for 5.56 mags from Toth Tool? If quality I believe they would sell like hot cakes at $25 a pop.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Get that video out,  you're killing us!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Nice Centurion there! The rangemaster at my local range bought one last month, so I got to check it out today, nice solid rifle, pretty wood too, though the stock kinda stuck out all around where it meets the trunnion.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Below: Arsenal rifle with Toth mag

Below: Toth mags (left), Arsenal mags (right)

The following 2 pics of Toth mags (detail)

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#41]
All of these pics sure give a nice first impression.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:51:41 AM EDT
[#42]
They look real nice. I wonder why they did not include a witness hole though?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#43]
There aren't any reviews out yet and they are out of stock
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#44]
LOL that is a good thing. Calm down. If they are selling that fast others will find issues more quickly if they have them. I am sure they are making more if they sold out that fast.

Quoted:
There aren't any reviews out yet and they are out of stock
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I am calm? Was just saying they sold out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Here y'all go:

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the review! They definitely look quality, I just wish they were a bit cheaper and lighter. If they priced these at $20 I doubt many (if any) companies could produce a mag of equal or greater quality for less. However time will tell. Hopefully a local store gets some for me to try out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#48]
I am more than happy to eat crow due to my previous comments about these being vaporware.

Now let's hope TTE can make these regularly and work out any kinks that show up along the way.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#49]
AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top