Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2013 7:18:25 AM EDT
I've owned many AK's and lots of various mags., but I'm looking to stock up on some more "polymers".  I have a few Bulgarian waffles,( and they're great ),  but I have questions about the Bulgy flatsides on the market ( for about $15 ea. at CDNN specifically ).  I hear a lot of poo-pooing, and people classifying them as "range-mags" only.  I thought they were also steel fillet, lined.  What's the problem/difference ?  (I don't have one to examine).  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
i got 10 of them during the "panic" for ~$8-9 each. some of them were tight in both my aks but a little sanding fixed that issue. i havent had any problems with any of them since.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear !  I wonder if others share your positive impressions.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
they work for me. i have lots of different ak mags and one of my aks doesnt like the cheap tapco ones but other than that they all function.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#4]
The 'Circle 10' mags I have work great, no issues. Then again I have yet to deliberately try and destroy them or my AK while using them... But going off the specs, how their made, etc, I think some people might just hate them because they are pricy. Which is the only negative for me anyway, otherwise I would be buying a bunch more right now
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#5]
The ((10)) waffle mags are one of the best polymer magazines on the market.  The Bulgarian slabsides are commercial mags and lack steel reinforcement in key areas like the locking tab.  The feedlips might have a steel liner, but without reinforcement in critical locations they are just slightly better than Tapco mags at best.  I have 3 of these magazines, which function fine, but are relegated to range duty only due to their known shortcomings.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top