Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/16/2013 11:15:45 AM EDT
Hey guys I'm new to the site and love it. I just ordered a sgl26-61 from kavar and need mags. I know a place that has a bunch of tapcos and steel Korean. They are $20 a pop for either one. Thinking about going with the steel Koreans. Any advice is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Spend a couple bucks more per mag and get good European surplus mags. The tapcos aren't the greatest and can break, and the s. Koreans are flimsy compared to surplus mags.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy commie steel mags, Korean and tapco's suck.
AIM has some nice Russian steel mags for sale.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47R30&name=Russian+30rd+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+Magazine&groupid=15
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
^^^What these guys said^^^ Buy commie steel. If you must pick between Tapco or Korean, I would suggest Korean.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys I order some of the Russians from aim and one of the bakelites (just for collector purposes) from dans. Do you guys keep bakelites loaded. Just curious.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep my bakelites loaded.They are my go to mags.
Keep in mind i dont collect them,they get used more than my steel mags.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top