Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/10/2013 1:28:03 PM EDT
I have a Russian black polymer 30 round magazine. Says 7.62 x 39 near the top, and has a
triangle with arrow mark near the bottom. However, it doesn't fit any of my AKs.

What do I have here? Anything ultra rare? Is there a way to modify this to fit?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics?
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Could be a saiga mag! Is the front of the mag, where it locks into the mag well, have a raised tab? If it does, that acts as a bullet guide for a saiga rifle!
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Could be a saiga mag! Is the front of the mag, where it locks into the mag well, have a raised tab? If it does, that acts as a bullet guide for a saiga rifle!

30rd?
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yes, the front part is higher than on a regular AK mag. I'm surprised that it doesn't fit. I thought that the Saiga mag wells were the same size as the
military mag wells. I guess I'll have to start filing on this thing to get it to fit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pics?

It looks the same as one of the Bulgarian black polymer mags, but just with the Russian markings I described.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, the front part is higher than on a regular AK mag. I'm surprised that it doesn't fit. I thought that the Saiga mag wells were the same size as the
military mag wells. I guess I'll have to start filing on this thing to get it to fit.

I'd hold off on that.

Link Posted: 2/11/2013 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I would figure out exactly what i have before i start filing! If it is a saiga mag, its worth $60-$80 easy! If you still want to make it fit, you'll need to dremel or use a grinder to remove the hardened steel that is used! I have done this with a couple of saiga mags! A little at a time, don't over heat the steel and melt the plastic!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 5:58:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would figure out exactly what i have before i start filing! If it is a saiga mag, its worth $60-$80 easy! If you still want to make it fit, you'll need to dremel or use a grinder to remove the hardened steel that is used! I have done this with a couple of saiga mags! A little at a time, don't over heat the steel and melt the plastic!!

I filed a bit off the front end to be able to clear the bullet guides in my AKs. Now it fits and is functional.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Good!! Glad you have a bad ass, fully functional mag!
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top