[#1]
Neat article, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Neat article?

This means no more "Bulgarian" drums.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't supprise me if the new romy drums came from china.

JCS
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Great find, an importer told me that the Bulgy drums were produced on tooling from china, probably as a way to circumvent the said ban this article talks about.

Cases of drums sent there, and marked as produced there would be hard to tell from ones actually made IN country, but Chinese slave labor is still probably cheaper than Euro paid workers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#5]
So they really were built on Chinese tooling, that was still in China!

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Great find, an importer told me that the Bulgy drums were produced on tooling from china, probably as a way to circumvent the said ban this article talks about.

Cases of drums sent there, and marked as produced there would be hard to tell from ones actually made IN country, but Chinese slave labor is still probably cheaper than Euro paid workers.

The importers will say a lot of things due to liability and simply not knowing the truth (or not wanting to know the exact truth).

No doubt they're Chinese made on both previous and some new tooling there.  Just sent through Bulgaria and Romania and sometimes remarked there.  I believe the earlier imports were in Bulgaria for five years and met the requirement to be called "Bulgarian" to be imported, but I also think exporters and importers got greedy and starting bringing them in after less time in those countries.

Those things are like Fight Club.  The first rule of Fight Club is...don't talk about Fight Club.

Unless you want to give the BATFE something to focus on and keep busy with, it's best not help them bother with the issue.  I'm sure there's lots of gun enthusiast BATFE agents that would also be happy to not bother with it unless folks want to force them into addressing the issue.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

JCS

They're not the same as my Chinese drums.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JCS

They're not the same as my Chinese drums.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I cannot find a difference compared to my chinese drums.

JCS
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#10]
"Unless you want to give the BATFE something to focus on and keep busy with, it's best not help them bother with the issue. I'm sure there's lots of gun enthusiast BATFE agents that would also be happy to not bother with it unless folks want to force them into addressing the issue."

Right..............

Arrests have already been made in the matter, and if you think the BATF is standing around waiting for "Scoop" from Arfcom, under a non firearm friendly administration, itself an existing anti gun government agency, you are just a wee bit paranoid.

I guarantee before any of those drums were imported, they were well checked for any relationship to the chinese ones, seeing that only China had previously imported them.

ADUH!  A former (Small) communist country, all of sudden jumps in to produce a niche item, in small numbers, just to sell to a shaky US market, which could be closed at any time by the Presidents whim?

And in less than a year, they are selling for far less than the chinese ones ever did, in terms of inflation adjusted dollars????

Sounds like a massive dump of old stock if you ask me.  How many thousands of drums are sitting in china now, obsolete because they have shifted to a different weapons system?

And, former cases of Bipods, and other equipment being illegally shipped in prior to this????

Yeah....

In fact, an importer told me at a gun show last week, that Kazakhstan has started to manufacture SVD's, that look exactly like the russian ones, and they are on the boat for importation right now.  Thousands of them, he told me, with a million spare magazines, and ten million rounds of 7N1 ammo.

The importers name is "Borat", and its coming in with a load of Potassium pellets.

Because as we all know, "every other country in the world produces inferior potassium"

Kazakhstan greatest country in the world.
All other countries are run by little girls.
Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium.
Other countries have inferior potassium.

Kazakhstan home of Tinshein swimming pool.
It’s length thirty meter and width six meter.
Filtration system a marvel to behold.
It remove 80 percent of human solid waste.

Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place.
From Plains of Tarashek to Northern fence of Jewtown.
Kazakhstan friend of all except Uzbekistan.
They very nosey people with bone in their brain.

Kazakhstan industry best in world.
We invented toffee and trouser belt.
Kazakhstan’s prostitutes cleanest in the region.
Except of course for Turkmenistan’s.

Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place.
From Plains of Tarashek to Norther fence of Jewtown.

Come grasp the mighty penis of our leader.
From junction with the testes to tip of its face!

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Good question?

With no practical way to track them, other than by who they were shipped to, how do you go about finding them?

Im sure every one that was purchased, had been resold at a gun show by now.

Kinda glad all of mine were Korean.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
if these drums imported illegally what does that mean for those that bought them?

I don't have any but personally I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Stupid, I agree, it could have been a quick hundred thou based on the numbers from the indictment.

BTW, the indictment is a must read, their price on these drums was 60 bucks, after importing and all, how the hell did they get down to less than that in some cases?

It kind of appears, everybody knew that these things were potentially hot, and moved all of their stock before it got taken in as evidence.

Also, as to the appearance of these drums, they appeared to be exact copies of the legit pre ban ones I own, too exact, which made me question how much assistance the chinese gave from day one.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top