Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:21:04 AM EDT
The one thing I don't like on the AK is the bolt not staying open on the last round.  I am buyying an SKS-M and want to know if that will be an issue - also AIM has some AK mags:

Romainian
ProMag
Tapco

Do any or all these hold open on the SKS-M?

I saw the handy sticky on making a bolt hold open for the AK and can do that if i need to on the SKS - I just need to know what's the situation with the rifle I am buying.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the yugo mags are bho
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The bho is eliminated on SKSs that use AK magazines because there is no way to operate it. IIRC some of them had a manually operated bho )(like an M1 carbine) added to the carrier.
The Yugoslavian magazines will hold the bolt open until the magazine is removed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all the replies - the deal fell through as I was just to hard to deal with
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top