Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2008 4:19:35 PM EDT
So I'm trying to find a base plate and follower to add to my magazines, but I'm having some trouble.  I can find US made followers for 7.62x39, but they seem to all be plastic.  I want to find something like the steel Falcon Arms followers and baseplates, but they are out of stock at falconarms.com, so I'm lost.  I tried to google it, but I didn't find anything.

Does anyone know where I can get an affordable steel mag follower or two?  What about base plates?
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#1]
www.apexgunparts.com sells US baseplates for $5.00.  You may want to give one of the Tapco plastic followers a try.  The 74 mags use plastic followers and they all seem to work, but these also use plastic mag bodies.

These might work well with the Bulgy plastic 47 mags?
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool, thank you!  I ordered 2 for my magazines.  I've been wanting to add a CAA UPG47 grip* to my ak, but it's made in Israel, and I don't know how to change out a piston, so I needed that one US part to make up for it.  Now I'm cool ---> http://www.commandarms.com/thumb.asp?myheight=350&mywidth=350&image=img/productImages/UPG47/upg47color.jpg
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't waste your money on the Tapco followers, they turn a perfectly good AK into a door stop. I've got a handdfull I would give you but I would not want to make you my enemy. Trust me, they suck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Very cool, thank you!  I ordered 2 for my magazines.  I've been wanting to add a CAA UPG47 grip* to my ak, but it's made in Israel, and I don't know how to change out a piston, so I needed that one US part to make up for it.  Now I'm cool --->

*www.commandarms.com/thumb.asp?myheight=350&mywidth=350&image=img/productImages/UPG47/upg47color.jpg

Gas Piston Replacement

3mm Gas Piston Rivets

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a real noob question.  How do you use a rivet?  I mean, if it's really that simple, I can do this myself, but I don't what I'm supposed to do with a rivet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Impact Global Arms has them listed on their web site.
Whether they're in stock I don't know.
They may not be too affordable at $20.00/set, plus shipping.

www.impactglobalarms.com/Sales/

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Impact Global Arms has them listed on their web site.
Whether they're in stock I don't know.
They may not be too affordable at $20.00/set, plus shipping.

www.impactglobalarms.com/Sales/

www.ak47review.com/images/system/norm.php?F9CE3-basp-209.jpg

FA makes great USA followers and floor plates.  

They are much cheaper if you buy direct from FA, but they have been our of stock direct from FA for over 1 year.

They are currently taking pre-orders for floor plates http://www.falconarms.com/xcart/home.php?cat=1

Apex has USA floor plates too.  They used to have followers, but seem to be out.  I have no idea how well the APEX stuff works/fits.
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21/products_id/162?osCsid=a071041c34b8b621f093b0406c0f84bb
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top