Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/14/2008 6:36:40 AM EDT
Just saw a Poly mag new in bag chrome follower go for $64 on gunbroker  I have 10 of them 5 NIW  and I'm hanging on to them   Why have these gone up so much?  Are they better than other varieties?
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
What is a "good" price on those?

I have access to tons of them and have been trying to figure out what to sell them for.
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Just based on what I've seen, I'd say a "Good" price on one new in plastic bag would be $40-$50 a mag.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
you guys are nuts, those mags are $30 TOPS. Check akfiles and akforum, just because someone lists stuff on gunbroker for insane money doesn't mean it sells. Hell, if that was the case, I'll list some of my m16s for $40K, FREE MAG INCLUDED!
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you guys are nuts, those mags are $30 TOPS. Check akfiles and akforum, just because someone lists stuff on gunbroker for insane money doesn't mean it sells. Hell, if that was the case, I'll list some of my m16s for $40K, FREE MAG INCLUDED!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=88923620
The mag SOLD for $64.  Here's a link

I'm not saying I'd pay that much, but that's what they are going for on GB.  Do a completed auction search for  "Polytech" you will see several that went for $50 or so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
They're not worth $50 since KFS had them before Christmas for $24.95 new.  It's just there are knuckleheads that will list things way over-priced and run into a guy surfing the auctions that doesn't know better.  Gunbroker, AuctionArms, and GunsAmerica have pretty much gone the way of catering to those folks that either want it bad or just don't know where else to look.
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Gunbroker is far from the "Standard" when it comes to pricing anything

Maybe that's true.  But I've always had very good success selling things on GB.  If I ever decide to sell my Polytech stuff, guess where I'm going??
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Well.....that would be me that paid 64 bucks for that mag.....lol. I know I know......I need to be pistol whipped. Or AK whipped. Anyway, I had just bought a Polytech Legend that came with no magazine. I wanted an original exactly as the rifle was shipped with. POLY CHINA marked, and chrome follower. I overpaid by leaps and bounds, but got my first AK mag....lol. Lesson learned. Just starting down the AK road.....more of a FAL/HK/AR type here.

Roger in NC
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well.....that would be me that paid 64 bucks for that mag.....lol. I know I know......I need to be pistol whipped. Or AK whipped. Anyway, I had just bought a Polytech Legend that came with no magazine. I wanted an original exactly as the rifle was shipped with. POLY CHINA marked, and chrome follower. I overpaid by leaps and bounds, but got my first AK mag....lol. Lesson learned. Just starting down the AK road.....more of a FAL/HK/AR type here.

Roger in NC

Don't sweat it. Although many probably won't admit it, we've all overpaid on something before. You got what you wanted, when you wanted it.

I paid about $300 too much for my pre-ban HK91 and knew it, but it was right there in front of me, in the condition I wanted and i made it mine without thinkin twice about it.

btw, welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks
I definately know how the HK thing is.....I did the same thing with my HK91. And 94. And both my original Belgian LAR's. The list goes on and on. But like you mentioned, they were there & exactly what I wanted, when I wanted it....lol. I don't really mind tho, as I'm not intending to ever part with any of them anyway. When my grandson sells them sometime in the (hopefully) distant future, maybe he will get more for them than I paid! LOL! I do need to start waiting on better deals I suppose. But what the hell....we only live once.

Cheers!
Roger in NC
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Roger in NC

Don't worry about it.  There were a number of other unwraped Polytech mags that sold in the $50+ range.  I paid $1600+ for my LNIB Legend.  Mine came with 3 mags however.  I have no regrets.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#13]
"Gunbroker, AuctionArms, and GunsAmerica have pretty much gone the way of catering to those folks that either want it bad or just don't know where else to look. "

+1
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Exactly - we've all done it when it's right in front of you and you have the money to play.  That just means you'll find a real deal sometime in the near future.  It all seems to balance out in the end.

I'm just curious what with the news of a potential Norinco dealer beginning business soon, if there's going to be a influx of Norinco and Polytech-marked magazines.  Doubt it but stranger things have happened - look at how the flood of Russian 30rd bakelite magazines and Russian aluminum waffles magazines to everyone by suprise.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Can someone provide me a link to a vendor that is selling them new and what they go for?I have tons of these and am wanting to sell them and wanted to know how to price them.

I can't find any for sale to give me an idea of what they should run.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I have one in great condition... if you wanna pay $64 it's yours!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#17]
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90613191

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Hot dang.....lemmee get my checkbook out! LOL! Naaa.....I got the one matching mag for my Legend now. CDNN & Copes can supply me with most of the rest of my stockpile. And again, I really don't regret paying so much for that one mag. I've since picked up a few other mags that I overpaid for, although not quite that much. I'll just make it up somewhere else. No biggie. Part of the fun of it all I suppose.
I just hope the day doesn't come that we all would be happy to pay $64 for an AK mag! I'm afraid it will tho.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top