Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:31:21 AM EDT
For those of you that have Romy 75-rounders, do they tend to not feed well in certain AK rifles, but work fine in others?  

A few years ago I purchased a new one that was still facotry sealed and covered in cosmoline. I finally decided to give it a run, so I cleaned it up and went through the annoying loading process, and tried it in an Armory SSR-56 rifle, which has already proven itself to run flawlessly with 30-rounders. In a nutshell, it had a few misfires, which seemed to stem from the mag not pushing the rounds up with enough spring force.

I seem to remember reading something about them in the past not working well with all AK's, but I really don't remember, not have I tried it in another flavor of AK. Just curious if anyone knows.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to Google "romanian AK-47 drum disassembly" and/or check one of the tutorials on the Romanian drums, since the spring tension is adjustable on them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You might want to Google "romanian AK-47 drum disassembly" and/or check one of the tutorials on the Romanian drums, since the spring tension is adjustable on them.

I found the dis-assemby instructions and successfully opend it, but couldn't figure out how to adjust the tension that you mentioned. If anyone can tell me how to do this, or at least where to find some on-line instructions that explain it, please post it. I'll do some more searching myself in the mean time. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My Romy 75 rd drum won't even fit into my wasr, the magazine catch won't even grab the tab to hold it in place.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top