Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/18/2007 2:20:22 PM EDT
I always worry about my ammo stores, but I was wondering if the plastic the holds the 25 boxes of Wolf ammo together was sealed tight enough for storage in my basement.

Additionally, if I use USGI ammo cans, are they air tight?

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not simply rely on the plastic to protect the ammo. I put all my ammo in USGI ammo cans. The cans should be air tight if the seals are good and the can is not dented/rusted. You can also throw in a package of dessicant if you are really worried about moisture.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
They are usually not sealed well at all.  I re-wrap mine in a couple trash bags then put back into the box.  Ammo cans are the best if you can get enough.  
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top