Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2006 6:07:29 PM EDT
Our local Dumdums has 200 rounds linked in can of .308 recent production Nato frontline ammo for $69.00 per 200.

What is .308 Nato going for these days?

Link Posted: 12/28/2006 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Thirty five cents a round for milsurp .308 sounds awful expensive to me, I couldn't go that freight.  You don't say who made it (sounds like recent Port. though).  Things have been pretty crazy of late on ammo prices, even third world crap is priced at a quarter a round.  So if one is desparate enough, perhaps three cartridges for a buck is where ya have to go ......  
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What is .308 Nato going for these days?

Whatever someone is willing to pay for it . The days of sub 20¢ surplus
.308 are over . There are several reasons for it , none of which are
likely to get better anytime soon . Actually it's probably going to get
to the point where 35¢ a round is a bargain
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 4:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can afford it, get what you can.  At the last show in this area (early Dec.) I bought 800 rounds for $200, people were selling South African battle packs (140 rounds) for $50 each, I can't find any more surplus .308 at any of the local shops now.

Looks like it's time to start reloading.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top