Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:49:01 PM EDT
i just got a couple green 200rd. battle packs, ammo is brass cased, fmj and crimped primer with green sealant. headstamp only says 7.62x39 & 95.  this is the first i've seen of this ammo, just wondering if anyone knows were its from or any details about it. thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
According to this page...
http://cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes_bottom.htm

Its from North Korea.  See the headstamp thread also.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
nevermind, i was able to get there through link in c&r forum. much appericiated. anyone know anything else about this ammo?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#3]
This was being widely sold about a year ago from  most of the reliable sources as coming from Portugal.
Could not the 95 be an indication of the year, as it is for many other ammos?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
i assume that 95 is the year and that its std. 123 gr. i wonder if its boxer or berden, corrosive or not, and anything else good/bad about it?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Berdan.  Average accuracy, not bad, not great.  Non corrosive.  1 dud out of 200 rounds fired so far.  More muzzle flash than Wolf and Golden Tiger.  I bought a couple of cases, as I thought the battle pack packaging might come in handy.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top