Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:48:09 PM EDT
Got some old AK ammo - Russian 80s stuff, but most of it is somewhat corroded - green junk.  It cycles through the action fine.  BUT, is it safe to fire - any suggestions?

(If it has rust, I won't - I'm talking about the stuff with the verdgree on it)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont know...corroded stuff is NOT good.  If it is just light discoloration on surface I think that it would be OK but if the case is actually corroded I would not use.  

Check to see if the bullet is still tightly sealed and that the primer is normal looking and make sure that there is no build up of corrosion.  You may have to wipe off some of the external junk but do not  use oil to clean you ammo.  

I have shot some nasty looking stuff in the past BUT...THE INTERIOR MUST BE INTACT.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top